ZFS sync error: "unexpected status code 404"

Error report 1831384386:

Unexpected status code 404 in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Session.ZFS._getFileUploadParameters()

When syncing for the first time with Zotero File Storage, it appeared to work properly for a few minutes, but is now stuck with this error. Restarting Firefox didn't help. I'm using OS X 10.6.1, Firefox 3.5.3.
  • For the record, the problem persists with b7.1. New report ID: 1758167927
  • Can you generate debug output for a sync attempt from the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs, send it in, and post the Debug ID here? Thanks very much.
  • The debug ID is D1586206935.
  • Dbug ID: 132126555
    was sent in.

Getting this when I try to sync, using Zotero not WebDav.
    Unexpected status code 404 for request null/2FQ47MV7 in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Session.ZFS.downloadFile()
  • edited September 21, 2009
    Pozicom: 1) That's an error report, not debug output, and 2) that's from 2.0b7. Upgrade to 2.0b7.1 and see if the error persists. If so, generate debug output for the sync attempt from the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs, submit it to the server, and post the Debug ID here. Thanks.
  • This seems to be related, but I'm trying to use WebDAV rather than the Zotero File Storage. I'm using Zotero 2.0b7.1.

Unexpected status code 404 for request null/6HTQ8AWV in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Session.WebDAV.downloadFile()

Report ID: 416940366

Suggestions?

Thanks much.
    Lisa
  • Lisa: Could you generate debug output for a sync attempt from the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs, submit it to the server, and post the Debug ID here? Thanks.
  • nschneid: This is something we'll need to handle, but I believe a Full Sync from the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero prefs will fix this for you for now.
  • Dan,

Here's the debug output.

Report ID: 93551051

(4)(+0000000): Registering observer for [collection,search,share,group,bucket] in notifier with hash 8r'

(5)(+0000001): SELECT itemTypeID AS id, typeName AS name FROM itemTypes WHERE display=2 ORDER BY typeName

(5)(+0000001): SELECT itemTypeID AS id, typeName AS name FROM itemTypes WHERE display=1 ORDER BY typeName

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I've had this problem on two different installations of Zotero, both run from portable versions of Firefox 3.5.3 on flash drives.

Thanks much.

Best,
    Lisa
  • Lisa: That's only three lines of output. We need output for the whole sync attempt, and we only need the Debug ID after submitting the output to the server from the Advanced pane.
  • I did a full sync with 2.0b7.2 and everything seems to be working normally. Thanks!
  • Dan,

Oops. I see that I goofed with the debug report, but the good news is, I updated to the 2.0b7.2 and everything is working great!

Thanks much for all of your help!

Best,
    Lisa