Go back in Zotero PDF reader on iOS?

Is there a back button somewhere in the PDF reader on iOS?

It's nice to be able to naviage within the PDF following internal links (e.g. references), and have a quick way go back to the previous view.
  • On the desktop app, this function is mapped to the keyboard shortcut Alt + Left arrow (to go back). Or also in the menu, Go -> Back.

Maybe a floating back arrow can be shown after following a link on the iOS devices.
  • Maybe a floating back arrow can be shown after following a link on the iOS devices.
    Yes, something like that is planned. (We'll also support the keyboard shortcuts for people using iPads with keyboards.)
  • Nice. Looking. forward to it.
  • Hello @dstillman, Any updates on this feature? Not rushing, just want to make sure it's not forgotten ;), and I don't want to miss it in case it's out.
    Thanks for the amazing work.
  • Perhaps I'm confused, but doesn't this exist already? After clicking an internal link, if I tap on the screen a link appears at the bottom left to go back to the previous page:

https://postimg.cc/Ty7MRStd
  • @warwickmm Hey, I don't see this. Are you on iPad, iPhone, or the Desktop app?
  • edited October 5, 2022
    It appears in the iOS app when you tap on the page to show the page switcher at the bottom. On an iPhone (or at least my iPhone) it just displays an arrow.

This functionality isn't provided directly by us and isn't what I was referring to above. We're still going to try to implement something that shows up even when the page switcher isn't active.
  • Ok thanks for the clarification!
  • Hi, wondering if there's been any update on this feature request? Perhaps on the upcoming Zotero 7?