Feature request: "Tags" column for main window

edited May 29, 2022
The "Notes" column is very useful to see which items I have added notes to (and how many notes I have added). It would be great to have a "Tags" column too, showing the number of tags for each item.

I am a heavy tags user, and try to add them as I add each new item. But especially early on in assembling a library/collection, when lots of new items are being added quickly, it is easy to put off adding tags. It is then difficult to easily see which items still need their tags added. A "Tags" column would solve that.
  • Hello, Tim. I bumped into this discussion while searching for a way to facillitate tag useage on the main window on this forum. and I do have the same aspiration as you do! What is more, I would like to suggest to display literal contents of the selected tags in the suggested "Tag" column like what column "Publication" or "Author" etc. does. In this sense, it will be more than convinient to go through the literature list on the main window with centre on the summarised info in those tags. I wonder if it could be a new feature and if so it will be definitely amazing!
  • I would like to suggest to display literal contents of the selected tags in the suggested "Tag" column
    A column doesn't really make sense for something like tags where there can be any number of them. (Zotero doesn't list all authors for this reason.)

Note that colored tags will show up in the items list as color swatches (or emoji):

https://www.zotero.org/support/collections_and_tags#colored_tags