Right click does not work - MacOS 12.3 - MBP 2021 M1 Pro

I just moved to a new MBP MBP 2021 M1 Pro running MacOS 12.3.

After one right-click on sources on the Zotero or on any of the tags, the right click stops showing the context menu. For example, right-clicking on a tag will shoe the context menu the first time, then it will stop. If I then right-click an item in my library, the context menu will show up once, then no more. Please advise. Thank you.
  • BTW, restarting Zotero replicates the behavior. Right-clicking works the first time, then stops working.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for this?

Also try disabling any third-party extensions you have installed.
  • D979002634

What are you referring to by third-party extensions? Are these like the Chrome plugin or Word adding?

Than you!
  • edited April 6, 2022
    In Zotero, Tools menu -> Add-ons. But it doesn't actually seem like that's the issue here.

Do you have your macOS user interface set to display in a right-to-left language? Or do you have two monitors connected?
  • I have my laptop connected to an external monitor. I use the external monitor as the main display. I still leave the laptop screen open and I use it as a secondary monitor. I played around with moving Zotero to the laptop screen. When I did so, the context menu would appear when right-clicking with no issues. The issue persisted with the context menu for tags. However, I noticed that the context menu would 'bleed' and display on the external monitor (which is below the laptop).

I moved Zotero back to the external monitor and played around with resizing, and closed and opened Zotero a couple of times. The issue seems to have been resolved. I am not sure what exactly is going on. I had the same exact set up on with my older mac (MBP mid-2015), and never had this issue.

Please let me know if you have any advice to avoid this happening again. I have not touched the Zotero window or tried to close/open as I need to work on an important project. However, eventually I will have to restart Zotero or move/resize the window.

Thank you!

• I have the same problem and it has not been resolved in any of the suggested ways.