Item Tree: Non-persistent column widths

The column widths in the items list don't persist when changing from the library tab to a PDF reader tab and back. I could reproduce this issue with BBT disabled.

Steps to reproduce

1. Change a column. E.g., minimize the Year column, such that the year isn't fully shown.
2. Switch to a PDF reader tab.
3. Switch back to the library tab.
4. The column widths changed, the year is shown fully again.

Zotero 6.0.5-beta.1+bb8858569, Windows 10

Perhaps this is already fixed in https://github.com/zotero/zotero/commit/9a5657bf79b68ca617cf857d2624dda276d45234
  • Could you produce a Debug ID from Zotero for resizing the column, switching tabs to pdf reader and back to the library window?
  • From the commit log it seems that you were able to fix the issue in the meantime. I checked the Debug Output Logging before reporting this issue, but there wasn't anything that seemed particularly useful.

This is what I'm getting:

1. Change column widths

(2)(+0005157): Storing itemTree item-tree-main-default column prefs

2. Switch to PDF reader

(3)(+0007241): Notifier.trigger('select', 'tab', [tab-mpp4P3Ar], {"tab-mpp4P3Ar":{"type":"reader"}}) called [observers: 4]

(3)(+0000581): itemTree.render(). Displaying Item Tree

(2)(+0000008): Storing itemTree item-tree-main-default column prefs

3. Switch back to library tab

(3)(+0014353): Notifier.trigger('select', 'tab', [zotero-pane], {"zotero-pane":{"type":"library"}}) called [observers: 4]

(3)(+0000480): itemTree.render(). Displaying Item Tree

(2)(+0000011): Storing itemTree item-tree-main-default column prefs

The only thing that could be unusual here is that itemTree.render() is called when a reader tab is selected.

I've switched to the release version on my main setup, but I could do some more testing on another setup.
  • Should be fixed in the latest beta