How to customize the UI?

How can I change things like font family, font size, colors, height of the item list, width of the panes... etc?

I tried to do it with the 'Config Editor', but there are so many items that I can not find the right one.
  • By the way, I know how to change `font size` in Preferences-General. But I really want to change the font family.
  • Can I just change some files in `/Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/` to achieve this goal? If so, which file should I edit?
  • If anyone still needs to do this, you can change the font family by going to Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Advanced Configuration, click 'Config Editor' and edit the value 'extensions.zotero.note.fontFamily'. Put your preferred font at the front of the list. Then restart Zotero.
  • Still unable to change the font-family used in the major window (not the notes). It shows the ugly default system font.

Thank you @realtime99 . But that is how to change font-family in notes.
  • refer to the repository https://github.com/Rosmaninho/Zotero-Dark-Theme
    you can edit the css file to change the font of zotero software interface.
  • Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'd really like to change the user interface font (for the main window, not the notes), and I wondered if anyone could help me implement the last option, suggested by gxCai, please. I've got the dark theme working, but I can't work out how to edit the css file in order to change the UI font. I'd be very grateful for any advice!
  • @Keith I am using a macbook pro. In my case, creating a `userChrome.css` file in the foler `/Users/my_user_name/Library/Application\ Support/Zotero/Profiles/4z293ef5.default/Chrome` works (see steps in https://github.com/yiktungho/Zotero-Dark-Theme/tree/mac-patch).

The content in my `userChrome.css` file is:
    ```
    * {
    font-family: Source Sans Pro, Fira Sans, SF Pro Text, -apple-system, sans-serif ! important;
    }
    ```

ps: `my_user_name`should be your user name; the folder name `4z293ef5.default` maybe different in your case; and create the `Chrome` folder if it does not exist.
  • Thanks xujchen! I'm using Windows 10, but I'll see if a variant of that works. I can't bear the default font!