Can't find column picker in Zotero 6

• edited March 24, 2022
    ... after numerous problems with zotero 6.0 (mainly not being able to succeed in having zotero-connector saving items to zotero-standalone-client from either FireFox or Chrome) I have been successful in getting things to work by ensuring all of my zotero-connectors are updated in the various browsers and installing zotero 6.02 and building a new sync'd version of my local database from my online-zotero-account. So annoying, but now all good!

However, I have one problem remaining, which may have been alluded to above is that in the main-window my "column-selector" icon is missing, so I can't view Better BibTex citekey there, but as usual I can see it in Info Details for individual items that I select from the main-window. So Better BibTex seems to be doing it's usual good job. Because that "column-selector" icon is missing, I can't view any other standard fields that I want my want, like Date-Added etc.

Whether, this is applicable to others reporting here or not, for me it appears that the missing "column-selector" is the problem.

The DebugID associated with this post is: D323816700

Thank-you in advance for any advice.
  • The citekey column is actively added by BBT, so if that's missing, that's something I should fix.
  • edited March 24, 2022
    @emilianoeheyns ... ta, but my main point is that I can't get to any other columns as the zotero main window "column-selector" icon normally appearing on the far right is missing ... so I'm thinking this might be for @dstillman but I don't know ... (unless BBT is causing that whole icon to disappear?)

eg. at the moment, I only have "Title", "Creator", "Date", "Date-Modified", "Attachment-icon"

Previously, on Zotero 5.0.96.3 I had the same plus the "Column-selector-icon"

ie. "Title", "Creator", "Date", "Date-Modified", "Attachment-icon", "Column-selector-icon"

So, I can't add *any* different column, even standard (non BBT) columns like "Date-Added"

Thanks again ...
  • edited March 24, 2022
    @Lamorak: You have to right-click on the column headers in Zotero 6 to access the column picker.
  • @Lamorak those don't look like BBT errors.
  • edited March 24, 2022
    It was just a misunderstanding. The column picker moved in Zotero 6 and is available via right-click on the column picker. @Lamorak was looking for the old icon.
  • edited March 25, 2022
    @emilianoeheyns ... sorry to have bothered you in the other discussion-thread, but I had wondered if other people's issues with BBT citekey were the same as mine with the column picker. It's not, as per Zotero 6.0.3 (https://www.zotero.org/support/changelog), as you have seen above with @dstillman clarifications ... I just have to right click on any header in the main window ...

@dstillman ... Thank you for clarifying my misunderstanding on how to get to the "column-picker" in Zotero 6.0.3 !!!

Thank you all ...