Zotero beta: broken "toggle tag selector" shortcut

It seems to me that the shortcut for toggling the tag selector is broken in the latest beta. Ctrl+Shift+T isn't doing anything for me. I tested with Zutilo disabled. I would expect that the issue should reproducible on a fresh setup, but I haven't tested that yet.

I can trigger the function in the Run JavaScript tool with ZoteroPane.toggleTagSelector(). If I toggle off the tag selector in this way while focus is on the items list, I get a visual bug for a long collection tree that is partially hidden by the tag selector. The tag selector disappears, but the collections tree isn't redrawn, so there's a blank area in the lower-left corner. This is fixed when scrolling the collections tree.

Using "View" -> "Layout" -> "Tag Selector" is working as expected.
  • edited December 17, 2021
    It looks like we actually implemented Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-T as the "Reopen Closed Tab" action. That's more standard, of course, so we'll probably need to pick a different default for toggling the tag selector.
  • Using "View" -> "Layout" -> "Tag Selector" is working as expected.
    I'm actually still getting the same visual bug when using the View menu with the keyboard to toggle off the tag selector after selecting an item in the items list.

Steps to reproduce

1. Make sure that the tag selector is showing and that it's hiding part of an expanded collections tree.
    2. Select an item. This puts focus to the items list.
    3. Alt -> 2 x RightArrow (View) -> 5 x UpArrow (Layout) -> RightArrow -> UpArrow -> Enter (toggle off tag selector)
    4. Visual bug: The tag selector disappears, but the collections tree isn't redrawn, so there's a blank area in the lower-left corner.

It seems that executing the toggleTagSelector() function isn't properly redrawing the collections pane.

Note that "5 x UpArrow" is necessary since DownArrow isn't working properly in the View menu. The View menu seems to include many hidden entries, probably those of the PDF reader. You need to press DownArrow more than ten times to reach Layout. Also note that Alt+V for the View menu isn't working. I tested this on a Windows setup.
  • Was this issue ever resolved? I see that the "toggle tag selector" is no longer listed in the shortcuts tab, under edit>preferences>advanced. Was a new shortcut not assigned?
  • edited March 23, 2022
    No, we removed the shortcut, but you can still toggle the tag selector from the View menu.

The tag selector is still in the tab order.