Zotero not save items after upgrade 6.0.1

Hi All

- I upgraded Zotero to 6.0.1
- I have a huge library
After that
- I see in Zotero my items
- I can delete my items
- I can NOT save o create any new item (not via bottom +; not via PDF drag and drop; not via chrome plug in)

Can you please help?
(I am pretty desperate: I spent one day of tentative without any progress)

Thanks
mike
  • Hi Mike,

Do you use the scite plugin for Zotero / are any fields (title, DOI) being set to "0" in your library?

This looks to be slightly different from what other users experienced, since you can open and see your DB, but would be good for me to know in case I need to track it down if it is related.

Thanks,
    Ashish
  • edited March 22, 2022
    @MikeDG: Before you do anything else, can you provide a Debug ID for an operation that fails?
  • Hi Ashish

I am not sure to have understood your question,
    I try to answer:

- I have many folders (collection) names starting with "0"
    - I have certain filed "title" starting with "0" (such as "0.1 The_Craft_of_Research_----_(Intro).pdf"
    - I have certain field "Extra" as "0" only

As Zotero extensions I see:
    - Zotero Libre Office Integration
    - Zotero Word for Windows Integration
    (I disabled both but it has been useless)

Does it help give you access to my Zotero Web?

Can you please instruct me to roll back to v5
    (I tried but it complained that my zotero library can work only with Zotero 6)

Please feel free to ask me what ever necessary for facilitating to solve this issue
    (I am trying to finish my research but without Zotero working is a lost battle)

Thanks a lot
    mike
  • If you don't have the Scite add-on installed, the above link I posted (and Ashish's questions) don't apply to you; you can ignore them.

See dstillman's request for a Debug ID right above your last post then.
  • As per request the Debug ID: D1785530207

Tx
    mike

PS: you are super fast, thanks for this, appreciated
  • [JavaScript Error: "Error(s) encountered during statement execution: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed [QUERY: REPLACE INTO groupItems VALUES (?, ?, NULL)] [PARAMS: 12524, 4700242] [ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/db.js" line: 680}]
    Yeah, this was a bug when adding items to a group library if you hadn't yet synced in Zotero 6. Fixed in 6.0.2, available now via Help → Check for Updates.
  • IT WORKS!!!
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!

I am very happy to have my Zotero working :-D

All the best
    mike
This discussion has been closed.