Zotero not syncing

Hello,
I use WebDAV to store my library. I access it from my office computer and my personal laptop. For a few days, it doesn't synchronize anymore on my laptop.
Here is my Debug ID after I tried to sync manually: D93312098.

FYI, here are steps to reproduce my problem:
1. click on a paper in Zotero => output:
The attached file could not be found at the following path:
C:\Users\afabre\Zotero\storage\ZCV99NZ3\Stantcheva - 2021 - Understanding Tax Policy How do People Reason.pdf
It may have been moved or deleted outside of Zotero, or, if the file was added on another computer, it may not yet have been synced to zotero.org.

here is another problem:
1. go to the webpage of a paper at my office's computer: https://academic.oup.com/qje/article/136/4/2371/6368349.
2. Add it through Chrome's Zotero connector. Check that it is saved on local.
3. Check my cloud storage (pcloud), connected with WebDAV: the article didn't synchronize, even after clicking on Sync.

Thank you in advance for your help!
  • HTTP 401 error from WebDAV server for OPTIONS request
    You're getting a 401 Forbidden from pCloud.
  • What can I do? It's weird because I can login on pcloud.com but not on webdav.pcloud.com.
  • edited March 8, 2022
    yes, same for me. I guess @dstillman says getting a 401 Forbidden back from pcloud. I probably am also.

Ive been using pcloud webdav with Zotero for years. Yesterday, I noticed that Zotero attachments didn't sync to a new computer/new Zotero installation. Then I noticed Zotero could not verify pcloud webdav server on existing computers where it had been working effectively. I get error in Zotero that says:

"The WebDAV server did not accept the username and password you entered.
    Please check your file sync settings or contact your WebDAV server administrator."

I changed password and logged in to pcloud successfully. I probably did not need to change pcloud password. But after harmonizing new pcloud password to Zotero, still won't verify the pcloud webdav.

It seems pcloud is not allowing our use for webdav server?
  • Hi,
    I have the same issue with Webdav-based synchronisation on pCloud server.
    pCloud explained to me today that WebDAV is not longer available for users with free utilisation since this year. You need to switch to paid-service to enjoy WebDAV support on pCloud.
    Here another discussion on this issue: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/94430/pcloud-ending-webdav-support-for-free-plan