Linking book chapter records to the parent book/shared PDF

Is it possible for references to book chapters to share the PDF with the book reference or do these have to be separate and distinct PDFs? Alternatively, is there a way to group references into a single book so each reference just has it's individual chapter pdf? Trying to figure out the best way to do this, thanks
  • edited January 19, 2022
    I use the 'Related' field/tab to link chapters to the main book reference, and keep the pdf(s) under there. Don't know if that's helpful.

Edit: Just to note, I recognize this is ad hoc and has never really been satisfying. If Zotero won't allow for a more structural connection between a book and its chapters, I wish it would at least have a routine for generating chapters from a book, eg a context menu option to create chapter from book which will automatically populate relevant fields and add the related link.
  • If Zotero won't allow for a more structural connection between a book and its chapters, I wish it would at least have a routine for generating chapters from a book, eg a context menu option to create chapter from book which will automatically populate relevant fields and add the related link.
    The Zutilo add-on has this built in.
  • Ooh, thanks!
  • Is it possible for references to book chapters to share the PDF with the book reference or do these have to be separate and distinct PDFs?
    You could, e.g., add a URI attachment with a zotero://open-pdf link. But it's a little bit involved.

See this discussion:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/82612/shared-attachments-for-book-sections-chapters