intermittent webdav sync failure from ios beta and another sync issue.

I have my sync going to a synology webdav server. It mostly seems to work between a laptop, desktop and ipad.

1) Yesterday and last night I added some references on the ipad. Last nights synced just fine. This morning they did not. Now they are fine, but the ones that didn't sync are not behaving as normal.

What happened:

- added reference including PDF on zotero ipad.
- webdav log on synology recorded the following (logs are unfortunately sparse):
- prop file upload, prop file download, prop file delete (into PWDVM9Q5)
- on desktop, the PMDV.. directory does not exist, and no PDF is found.
- I now annotate the file on the ipad, and it doesn't appear to try and do any sync'ing.
- I can annotate other files and add other references now and they sync fine.

There were several for which this has occurred.

2) When I sync on the ipad, I get a finished sync iwth 12 errors message, each of which is a "Unable to upload attachment" Blah.pdf (XXX). Please try ...

- However, I cannot find any of those in my zotero library on the ipad, although the file to which they occur may have existed in the past associated with a duplicate entry now deleted upstream. (The filename corresponds to a reference I can find, albeit the file now has a different name and appears in a different XXX location.) I can't work out what to do to stop this sync error report.

• We'd want to see a Debug ID for a sync attempt that fails.
  • I was afraid you'd say that :-). If and when I can replicate this and know that it has happened in time to replicate it again with a debug id, I'll get back to you.
  • But I can do one for the second error:

D1571208005
  • However, I cannot find any of those in my zotero library on the ipad, although the file to which they occur may have existed in the past associated with a duplicate entry now deleted upstream. (The filename corresponds to a reference I can find, albeit the file now has a different name and appears in a different XXX location.)
    @michalrentka will need to take a look, but I'm not understanding this description. Can you say more about this, with specific examples?
  • ok, so the first entry in the 12 sync errors is for a file called GierEA09.pdf (RS9PFSUR). I don't know how to look for that on my ipad, but I can look on my webdav and desktop. There is no RS9PFSUR on the webdav or on my desktop (not currently in zotero storage or in any set of old backups I could look at).

However, the file GierEA09 exists on my desktop (outside zotero), and was clearly what I called this reference at some time in the past ... but I have since gone to a zotfile renaming scheme so the file has a different name inside zotero and exists inside a different storage directory.

My guess is that at some point it was synced when I was using zotero webdav, and at some point both existed in my library but I removed that one as duplicate on my desktop, but maybe at some point when sync wasn't working (when I had the setup properly broken).

In any case, I think the history is probably not worth chasing, but it would be good to work out how to stop the error being reported, which I guess means somehow manually removing it from the (ipad) zotero storage folder.