Extension Zotero sur safari Mac M1

Bonjour,
J'ai installé Zotero sur mon Mac M1, j'ai réussi à l'ajouter sur Word mais par contre je n'arrive pas à trouver l'extension safari. Est-ce une incompatibilité par rapport a la puce M1 de mon Mac? Comment puis-je faire pour régler ce problème ?
  • @dstillman the article says “ this bug is fixed in macOS Monterey and hope to release the Zotero Connector for Safari with the production version of Zotero when Monterey ships in fall 2021”. Will this be a Monterey only thing, or do you mean it is fixed in Safari 15? Because Safari 15 was released yesterday for Big Sur and Catalina.
  • Monterey. It's a system-level bug with app extensions, not a browser bug.
  • Monterey has been out for a while now, so when will the Zotero Connector for Safari 15 be available?
  • j'ai le même problème avec mon Mac (Monterey OS 12.0.1), impossible d'avoir le connector, je ne peux plus utiliser Zotero.
  • @Gwen29: The Zotero Connector remains available with the Zotero beta. See the link above.
  • @dstillman Thank you for your answer. I don't understand why I cannot see the Zotero icon in Safari anymore though ? Previously I was able to click on it in order to add a reference in my Zotero library, I don't see this icon anymore. Where did it go ???
  • edited December 1, 2021
    What version of Zotero do you have?

Do you see the Zotero Connector in the Extensions pane of the Safari preferences? Is it enabled?
  • @dstillman 5.0.97-beta.57+07df7d0de

I don't see the Connector in the Extensions pane, it was enabled previously but I don't know how I can enable it again.
    What's the full macOS version? Oh, you said Monterey.
    @Gwen29: From the support page I linked to above:
    Due to an Apple bug, there's currently an issue where you may need to delete the Zotero beta app from Applications and redownload it after an app update to restore the Zotero Connector functionality in Safari. It may also be necessary to restart your computer in between deleting the app and redownloading.
    We were hoping this was fixed in Monterey, and we haven't reproduced this problem there, but it sounds like this happened to you. First try just restarting your computer and see if that helps. If not, delete the Zotero app and reinstall it from the Zotero beta page.
  • @dstillman OS Monterey 12.0.1
  • @dstillman OK I will do that and keep you informed :-) Thank you
  • Is there a specific way to delete Zotero (I can't find the "uninstall" command)
  • edited December 4, 2021
    Same as any Mac app. Just delete it from Applications.
  • edited December 4, 2021
    [Edit: I've deleted some comments that suggested you might need some third-party app-cleaning tool to delete "service files". Zotero has no such files, and a third-party app wouldn't have any effect on this.]

As it says on the page and above, you may have to restart your computer in between. I assure you you don't need a third-party app to fix this, and that it didn't do anything here. This macOS bug has existed for the past two years, and nothing has changed about it.
  • It's 2022 now, when will the safari connector be available? I don't want to use a beta version.
    I'm using safari 15.2 and macOS Monterey 12.1.
  • Is there a timeline for the connector to move to the stable version (or sandalone installation)?
    I have no plans to use the beta version, due to the risks involved.
  • If I'm reading https://bitwarden.com/help/install-safari-app-extension/ correctly Zotero (or the connector) *has* to be released on the App Store from Safari 14 onward.
  • @stepelu: That doesn't apply. The Zotero Connector for Safari is still a Safari App Extension, not a WebExtension, which is why we're able to bundle it with Zotero.

Safari's version of the WebExtension framework is buggy and incomplete, and as of our last check they hadn't fixed any of the very basic bugs we 1) reported, 2) created a sample extension to demonstrate, and 3) discussed during a call with them, so while it would be much easier for us to use our WebExtension code across all browsers, we're not currently able to do so for Safari.

In any case, the situation hasn't really changed from above. Many people are using the Safari extension in the Zotero beta, and there've been a couple possible reports of the same brokenness after app updates on Monterey. But they've been infrequent and unclear enough that we're still considering releasing the Safari extension with the production release soon.
  • @dstillman thank you for the clarification, very much appreciated.