Items disappear after retrieving PDF metadata

This discussion was created from comments split from: Items disappear from collection after import.
  • I googled '"zotero papers disappear after import" and found this page. My new refs and PDFs disappear a few seconds after I request to retrieve the metadata for the PDFs. I don't think that they are still there in the storage folder. I tried to upload some PDFs to the online library, and then retrieve the metada using my local library, and the PDFs disappeared from both libraries. I suspect that if is a plugin that does this, but my compentence to find out is limited. Can someone help please?
    *posting in multiple similar threads so that each can eventually lead to a solution*
  • (Please start new threads for new issues — the thread you posted to was many years old and about a different issue. I've moved this to a new thread.)

Can you provide a the exact steps to reproduce what you're experiencing, including how you're determining that something is missing? We'd also want a Debug ID for this happening. You should also disable any third-party plugins before trying to reproduce it.