Items disappear from collection after import

Hi,

I'm migrating from Papers2, and I was doing so by exporting each collection to RIS, then importing manually each collection into a new Zotero collection. This was working fine for a while.

But now something went horribly wrong: all the collections I imported are showing empty. If I go to "My Library" I can search for the papers I imported, and if I go to "Unfiled Items" I cannot see my imported papers, so clearly Zotero somehow considers them "filed."

If I try to import new collections, the items are imported but they are not put into the selected folder. In other words, I've lost the ability to import into a specific named collection.

I'm using the latest version (4.0.28). Any idea what's going on?

Best,

JLT
  • you've restarted Zotero? This just sounds like a display bug.

Check your database integrity from the advanced tab of the Zotero preferences.

Provide an error report ID after trying to import into a given collection (I'm assuming you do that via clipboard?)
  • Ah, I think I've figured out what's happening: after an Import Zotero creates a new collection with the name of the imported file. I thought it had imported into a selected folder since it displayed the files after import, while showing that folder still selected (not the newly-created folder).