Zotero app not working

edited September 3, 2021
Hello, this is my first time using this forum so excuse me if I am not proceeding properly (also, not a native english speaker).

So I have an issue with Zotero on my PC: whenever I try to open it, it throws the next message: an error has occured, please restart Zotero. I did so several times but the error keeps poping up. However, it works perfectly on another laptop I have.

Error ID: 2115850521

Things I have tried to solve it:
- Disable all Microsoft Edge Extensions.
- Disable Windows Firewall.
- Upgrading Zotero (but it was on the latest version already)

Also, If I go onto the Connector extension for Edge, this error log appears:

[unrelated output removed — D.S.]
  • edited September 3, 2021
    [JavaScript Error: "Invalid field 'citingPublications" for base field" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/itemFields.js" line: 280}]
    [JavaScript Error: "Invalid field 'citingPublications" for base field" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/itemFields.js" line: 280}]
    getFieldIDFromTypeAndBase@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/itemFields.js:280:13
    Zotero.Item.prototype.getField@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/data/item.js:246:19
    Zotero_Item_prototype_getField@chrome://zotero-scite/content/Scite.js:261:12
    This is an error from the Scite plugin, not Zotero. I've reported it to them.
  • Thank you! Indeed as I didn´t know what was causing the problem, I followed some instructions from this post:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/87143/error-has-occured-everytime-after-restart#latest

Deleting the prefs.js file solved the problem!
  • So it works perfectly now that prefs.js was deleted? Any chance you still have the old prefs.js file that you could email to me at ashish@scite.ai?

I am trying to replicate this bug but our plugin at 1.10.0 works for me on 5.0.96.3 so I suspect it's something to do with that file...?
  • Sure, I have just sent you the .js file to that address :)
  • As an update, this is now confirmed to be working in the latest plugin version v1.11.1 so please upgrade (sorry for causing it in the first place, and thanks to everyone who reported it / helped me reproduce it!)