Any instructions for reverting to the old version of Zotero?

Any other instructions for reverting to the old version of Zotero? This is not clear:

If for some reason you don't want to or are not able to install the latest version, you can restore the pre-upgrade database backup that Zotero stored in your Zotero data directory. Look for the zotero.sqlite.*.bak file with the highest number (e.g., zotero.sqlite.77.bak). Close Zotero, move your existing zotero.sqlite file out of the way, and then copy the numbered backup file into place as zotero.sqlite. Then restart Zotero.
  • For reverting to the release version, see here: https://www.zotero.org/support/dev_builds
    To revert to the release version, reinstall it from the download page, though note that beta versions occasionally update the database such that downgrading isn't possible without reverting to a backup copy of zotero.sqlite in the Zotero data directory or waiting for the next production release of Zotero.
    A file similar to 'zotero.sqlite.77.bak' in your Zotero data directory could be a backup of your pre-upgrade database.

If you don't want to use Zotero's PDF reader and new note editor, you could simply opt out of the beta preview features from the General pane of the Zotero preferences. See https://www.zotero.org/support/pdf_reader_preview

If this is mainly about the error in your other thread, I would wait until you get a response there.
  • Can I access preferences on the web version? The desktop version won't open at all since trying to add the beta version, which doesn't work due to security blocks on my computer. I get the following error when trying to open zotero now before it shuts and closes:

This Zotero database requires Zotero 5.0.97-beta.33+fdcd4e51c or later. Current version: 5.0.96.2. Please upgrade to the latest version from zotero.org.
  • Your issue in the other thread doesn't have anything to do with your Zotero version. Let's continue there.