Suggestions for a new built-in Zotero PDF reader

2»
  • Another idea: to render the textual layer of pdfs into a book-looking layout, as in Xodo.
  • Great job on the PDF viewer and new notes!

1. I would like to add a request for user-customizable highlighting colors. I use specific colors in my highlighting scheme and others probably do too, so would be nice to define which colors I want in my palette.

2. Also, it would be nice to adjust the opacity of the highlight when it is applied to the text.

3. Finally, it would be nice to be able to edit and export notes as markdown instead of rich text so it is more compatible for those of us who write manuscripts in plain text.

Thanks for listening.
  • Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but is there a way to run the new note-generation feature across multiple items in my library? I've been using Zotfile for years and have many highlighted PDFs. The new notes are more convenient thanks to those clickable links. If possible, I'd like to automatically generate new notes throughout my library.

Thanks, and congratulations on this feature -- I'm very excited to work with it.
  • It is highly recommended that the QuickLook plugin be integrated into Zotero as it is no longer available in the Mac version of Zotero 5.097 beta
  • Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to close this — it's too hard to keep track of multiple things in a single thread. Please start new threads for new issues so we can keep discussions separate. We'll pull out previous comments in this thread into new threads as appropriate.
This discussion has been closed.