Is there any way to show notes directly?

Hi, guys
I want to shift my literature from endnote to zotero recently. However, I found the "notes" function in zotero is not convenient. In endnote, the context of note is displayed directly, so I can scan quickly to find the target reference. For example, https://photos.app.goo.gl/yGmBvJp9wp4VBbQQ7

While in zotero, note is mixed with pdf together, it is not easy to find the target reference. For example, https://photos.app.goo.gl/pRPAtchi2sgfA57y8

So, I wounder if there is any way to show notes directly.

Thank you
  • Zotero supports multiple notes per item, so what you’re asking for wouldn’t make sense.

I’m not really understanding the problem, though. They’re all on the screen in front of you, underneath their associated parent items. You can also press + to expand all parent items in the list.

If you want to find a specific item or note, you can use the search bar.
  • I think Note column shows the first sentence in the first note, which could be better.
    We can use it as a pin (just like specific tag for this reference).
    For example, I write "Prof. recommendation" in the first sentence in the first note, so what happened can quickly bring back to my mind. It's my endnotes custom.
  • edited January 9, 2022
    I think Note column shows the first sentence in the first note, which could be better.
    There's no such thing as a "first" note in Zotero, though. They're just alphabetized by default.

If you click in the items list and press "+", you can see all notes that start with "Prof. recommendation". Or you can search for that phrase.
  • I'm also not really sure I understand what you're saying, but just in case this helps:
    1. You can just add a heading into your Zotero note so you can see the heading that you want
    2. You can add numbered headings if you want to see them in a specific order.

Notes can also be tagged, so if you want you can also use the tags to filter down.