Style Request: Journal of Oil Palm Research

Dear Zotero community, I'm looking for the style of "Journal of Oil Palm Research". Journal of Oil Palm Research is wholly owned by the Malaysian Palm Oil Board and listed in Thompson Reuters.

Instructions for authors can be found at:
http://jopr.mpob.gov.my/

ISSN NUMBER:
1511-2780

Examples of literature cited in the text, the captions, the tables, or the appendixes:
(Hisham and Yip, 2004)
(Lee et al., 2019) where (et. al.,) must be italic
(Zhang et al., 2019; Chae et al., 2019)

REFERENCES

Comitato, R; Nesaretnam, K; Leoni, G; Ambra, R; Canali, R; Bolli, A; Marino, M and Virgili, F (2009). A novel mechanism of natural vitamin E tocotrienol activity: Involvement of ERβ signal transduction. Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab., 297: 427-437.

Zhang, Q; Bao, J and Yang, J (2019). Genisteintriggered anticancer activity against liver cancer cell line HepG2 involves ROS generation, mitochondrial apoptosis, G2/M cell cycle arrest and inhibition of cell migration. Arch. Med. Sci., 15: 1001-1011.

Here is an example article:

http://jopr.mpob.gov.my/a-review-on-malaysian-sustainable-palm-oil-certification-process-among-independent-oil-palm-smallholders/?v=true

Your fast response and kind help on this matter are highly appreciated. Thank you!

• We'd need the exact sample references (i.e. the Mares chapter and the Campbell and Petersen article) on https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Requesting-Styles formatted for the style you're requesting
  • Hai,

Here is the style requested.

In-text citation:
    (Campbell and Pedersen, 2007)
    (Mares, 2001)

Bibliography:
    Campbell, J L and Pedersen, O K (2007). The varieties of capitalism and hybrid success. Comp. Politic. Stud., 40(3): 307–332. https://doi.org/10.1177/0010414006286542

note: Journal name, volume, and issue must italic.

Mares, I (2001). Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers? Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage (Hall, P A and Soskice, D ed.). New York: Oxford University Press. p. 184-213.

note: [The institutional foundations of comparative advantage] must be italic.

Thank you.
  • Hai,

May I know what was that mean? I didn't understand why the Journal of Oil Palm Research categorized in the "outstanding" section? Does it mean that this process still not completed?

I do hope that the style of this journal can be access in Zotero as soon as possible. Thanks for your kind help.
  • edited April 15, 2021
    Outstanding: It is outstanding for one of the volunteers (basically me) making the style. Opposite to completed, where a volunteer has created a style and made it available on the repository. Have a look at that sheet and you'll see who does most of these and how long it'll be.
  • Hai Sir,

I found out that Journal of Oil Palm Research listed as “completed” in excel sheet. I am thanking you for making this effort. However, how can I get the link and source of journal of oil palm research? I had been search in zotero style repository, however didn't found any. kindly guide me. thanks again.
  • Please be a bit more patient.
    The code was done, but was under review. We're just volunteers who do this in our free time for the greater good of the research community.
    The style was now merged to the repository.
    https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=id:journal-of-oil-palm-research
  • Hai,

It is good to hear that the style is ready in the repository. I have highly appreciated your efforts to help the science community and I do hope that you are successful in your life.

Just one thing, could you adjust for the text citation, where et al., should be italic. For example:

In text:

In developing countries, charcoal is mainly used in domestic fuel, industry sector, agriculture, and chemical product (Arami-Niya et al., 2011; Buah and Kuma, 2016; Dodevski et al., 2017).
    For JOPR format:

et al., must be italic.

I need your favor to edit this et al., to be in italic form.

In reference:

For reference, I need your favor to italic the volume and issue. For example:

Lan, W; Chen, G; Zhu, X; Wang, X; Wang, X; and Xu, B (2019). Research on the characteristics of biomass gasification in a fluidized bed. J. Energy Inst, 92: 613–620.

For JOPR format:

J. Energy Inst., 92: must be italic.

Thank you so much.
  • Hai,

I am sorry if I am disturbing your valuable time. Just one more favor on the reference.

For reference, I need your favor to italic the volume and issue. For example:

Lan, W; Chen, G; Zhu, X; Wang, X; Wang, X; and Xu, B (2019). Research on the characteristics of biomass gasification in a fluidized bed. J. Energy Inst, 92: 613–620.

For JOPR format:

J. Energy Inst., 92: must be italic.

The last semicolon also should be removed before "and".

I am thanking you a billion times for your kind help.
  • Hello,

I was using this citation style but according to the journal guidelines, the bibliography is different for each reference type for example for journal articles, proceedings ,books, etc.

Is there a way to format the bibliography to match each type?
  • The style does format different items differently. If there are specific issues, you'd have to say what is incorrect.
  • edited October 26, 2021
    The style for proceedings is different from the guidelines.

The style I got by using the citation:

Albawi, S; Mohammed, T A and Al-Zawi, S (2018). Understanding of a convolutional neural network. In Proceedings of 2017 International Conference on Engineering and Technology, ICET 2017, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc., pp. 1–6.

The guidelines style:

Name of author(s) (year of publication). Title of article. Title of proceedings (italics) etc. Place, Year, First and last page of article.

e.g. Mohd Basri Wahid; Norman Kamarudin; Jackson, T and Zulkifli Masijan (2003). Occurence of parasitic nematodes Elaeolenchus parthenonema in the pollinating weevil, Elaeidobius kamerunicus and its possible implications on fruit set. Proc. of the PIPOC 2003 International Palm Oil Congress - Agriculture Conference. MPOB, Bangi. p. 425 - 448.

• I've just submitted a fix for proceedings and also found a few more errors along the way.

Give it a test ride: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/citation-style-language/styles/47af6568765575386950064999e8fe41f2d3fc4f/journal-of-oil-palm-research.csl
  • Thanks a lot for your prompt actions.

It has improved the citation formatting.
  • Hi
    How to use the given style for JOPR in mendeley?
  • The CSL team publishes the styles on the style repository. Zotero fetches these new styles within 24h. The CSL and Zotero team have worked together very closely over the many years.
    For Mendeley, we cannot say when/how often they fetch the latest version of the style repository to make styles available.
    However, you'll be able to download the .csl file and upload the style manually in Mendeley. For this, we cannot give any support though and you'll need to look in the documentation of that software or contact their support.

I do however recommend you to look into using Zotero. Migrating from Mendeley is very easy now. Zotero has become a very good piece of software with amazing support as you hopefully can see from this forum here. Mendeley on the other hand, and I used to be a user, has changed a lot over the years and since it was bought by Elsevier has actually become worse.