Small-caps for single words in suffix/prefix in CSL

I'm trying to create a suffix in CSL for some bibliography items where one word is in small-caps.

Specifically, every legal commentary I cite should be followed by "cite.: [commentary name] [statute]/[author], Art., N.", with [author] being in small-caps. Is there a way of doing this, e.g. by having multiple suffixes and only one being small-caps, or by some formatting symbols in the suffix itself?

I'd be thankful for any help
  • As a general comment, if you are doing legal citation, you probably want to use Jurism and CSL-M styles. Jurism is a version of Zotero with much expanded legal citation support. It can automatically collapse parallel citations such as this.

https://Juris-m.GitHub.IO

When you say “suffix”, do you mean you are entering all of that by hand in the Suffix field in Zotero’s Word Proceasor plugin? Or are you writing a CSL style?
  • Hey, thanks for your reply. I'm already using Juris-M, I didn't specify as I assumed it wasn't relevant for this specific question, but thank you for the referral.

I'm trying to do this in a CSL style, not manually. The specific line in my bibliography section is:

Now I just need the "Author" to be in small-caps. I realize I shouldn't have put "author" in brackets in the OP, as it's not a variable.
  • (You need to wrap CSL code in <code> </code> for it to show up here)
  • Uh, thanks for the tip:

<text variable="container-title-short" prefix=" (zit.: " suffix="/Author, Art., N.)"/>
  • You can't style a suffix in CSL, but you can work with text value along these lines:

<group>
    <text variable="container-title-short" prefix=" (zit.: " suffix="/"/>
    <text value="Author" font-variant="small-caps"/>
    <text value=", Art., N."/>
    </group>

Because of the way groups work, the two "value" lines will only print when there is a container-title-short, so will funtion exactly like a suffix.
  • Absolutely brilliant, thank you very much!