Still cannot add or edit citations after 5.0.95.2 (macOS Big Sur + Word + M1 Mac)

This discussion was created from comments split from: Cannot add or edit citations (macOS Big Sur + Word + M1 Mac).
  • Unfortunately this still seems to be a problem for me - I have upgraded to the latest Zotero and Word and still see the "Zotero Integration Error: Zotero experienced an error updating your document" pop-up - and soon after that Zotero will crash...

Word Version 16.45
    Zotero Version 5.0.95.3
    macOS Big Sur Version 11.0.1
  • @hayleyjach: Are you on an M1 Mac? Can you provide a Report ID?
  • Thank you for the quick response! Yes, I'm on an M1 mac. The Report ID is 1185356633.
  • [JavaScript Error: "An unexpected error occurred." {file: "file:///Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroMacWordIntegration.js" line: 404}]
    Can you restart Word and Zotero and provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for an operation that fails? Also, to confirm, did you disable "Open using Rosetta" for Word (if you enabled that previously)?
  • @dstillman thanks, have done - the ID is D2018630014.

I haven't enabled Rosetta so that shouldn't be an issue (I was just using the previous version of Word as a workaround).
  • @hayleyjach: Does this happen inserting a new citation into a new document, or just a specific other action and/or specific existing document?
  • @dstillman it happens for inserting/editing a citation into any new or existing document, and also when I try to "refresh" the citations or add a bibliography.
  • @hayleyjach: Does it happen with any style? (E.g., if you're trying with a footnote style like Chicago, try with an in-text style like APA.)
  • @dstillman It actually has a "Zotero Integration Error" too when I try to change from APA (my default) to Chicago via the "Document Preferences" tab, so I haven't been able to check this, sorry.
  • @hayleyjach: Can you install the Zotero beta and provide another Report ID after triggering the error? That should give us better information on what's happening for you.
  • @dstillman thanks, I've done this now and the Report ID is 147393404
  • @hayleyjach: Are you sure you submitted this after triggering this error? This doesn't seem to include the error. Can you try again?
  • @dstillman sorry I think I needed to click "troubleshoot" on the pop up error before it would register. Here's another report ID where I can see the error at the end of the output: 203517628
  • [JavaScript Error: "The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error -600.) @[getDocument:application.m:85]" {file: "file:///Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroMacWordIntegration.js" line: 404}]"
    @hayleyjach: Have you restarted your computer?
  • @dstillman that did the trick, working well now. :) Thank you for all your troubleshooting help.
This discussion has been closed.