Items aren't being loaded - laziness

Hi there,
My Zotero opens and lists the items, but if i search for one specific, it stays stopped on "loading items" ot , at least, is very lazy to exhibit the results.
Maybe it was a corrupt update from the database??
What should I do?

PS: it wasn't this way before..
  • edited January 14, 2021
    Can you provide a Debug ID for a search that does this? You can use Help → Debug Output Logging → View Output to tell whether it's still doing something.
    this is what i have on the history:

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: this.getRow(...) is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js" line: 1198}]
    Zotero.ItemTreeView.prototype.isContainer@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js:1198:10

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: obj is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js" line: 1038}]
    Zotero.ItemTreeView.prototype.getCellText@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/itemTreeView.js:1038:7
    Zotero_ItemTreeView_prototype_getCellText@chrome://zotero-scite/content/Scite.js:160:16

[extra output removed — D.S.]

[JavaScript Error: "operation timed out"]

version => 5.0.94, platform => Linux x86_64, oscpu => Linux x86_64, locale => pt-BR, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.94, extensions => Folder Import for Zotero (0.0.2, extension), Zotero Storage Scanner (5.0.8, extension), scite Plugin for Zotero (1.0.5, extension), Zutilo Utility for Zotero (3.6.1, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.25.SA.5.0.94, extension), Zotero DOI Manager (1.3.9, extension, disabled)
    We need a Debug ID. And there's no need to post output here — just IDs.

You should try with all plugins disabled.
  • well, it's a problem that happens once a while, i have no ideia when it will occur again
  • Ok, today I got it. The ID: 206850738
  • That's a Report ID, not a Debug ID for this occurring.
  • Ok, sorry.

D487687994
  • Submitted with Debug ID D487687994
  • No, it would have to show this actually happening. A Debug ID covers a specific period of time — it's not like a Report ID where you just submit it after.

In any case, if you can still reproduce this, you should try with all plugins disabled. You're getting many errors related to plugins (in particular the Scite plugin).
  • ok, thanks.
    i'll remove the plugin and if the error strikes again i'll upload the debug id.

thank you
  • It took almost ten minutes to execute "(4)(+0000016): CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE "

Submitted with Debug ID D1101569208
  • this one happens when i add a new file and get a slow response to add tags
    Submitted with Debug ID D1971638457
  • this one here happens when i search and it take some minutes to show the result
    Submitted with Debug ID D923362164
  • How recent is this computer? Does it have a HDD or an SSD? How much RAM? Do you get the same performance with all plugins disabled? After restarting your computer with nothing else open?

The speeds you're getting seem way too slow for the size of your database.
  • Intel® Celeron(R) N4000C CPU @ 1.10GHz × 2
    Intel® UHD Graphics 600 (Geminilake 2x6)
    Endless OS
    4 gig ram
    SSD

Its a Acer Aspire 3 A315
  • Most likely this is just you running out of RAM. Try again after restarting your computer with nothing else open (and then try a second time right after that).
  • Hi there,

I got another error very similar.
    Debug ID: D2104013603

image: https://ibb.co/Dzfn4NV