Can't edit existing footnotes

This discussion was created from comments split from: Cannot add or edit citations (macOS Big Sur + Word + M1 Mac).
  • I, too, am operating macOS Big Sur, and updated to the latest Libre Office. When I try to edit a Zotero reference/footnote in a document in Word (ver. 16.44 MS 365) or LibreOffice (version 7.0.4.2) by placing my cursor in the body of the footnote, the Zotero red bar opens a new empty box for me to add a reference; I can't edit any existing footnotes. This kind of problem - not being able to alter or modify any footnotes is serious. The only thing I can think to do is to delete the footnote and then retype the footnote. Any other ideas?
  • Please start new threads for new issues — the thread you posted to isn't related. I've moved this to a new thread.

If you're getting an empty citation dialog after clicking Add/Edit Citation on an existing citation, you may have done something that flattened the citations in the document. See Existing Citations Not Detected.
  • @dstillman Thank you for the link, and the new thread. Let me check out the link.