zoterro opening references in wrong web browser

when I click on a web site I cited it tries to open it in Microsoft edge but it wont open. If I change default browser to chrome it wont open either.
  • I don't quite understand if the problem is the web browser or the fact that the webpage isn't opening.

About the not opening -- what exactly happen? And does it try to open a local file or a URL? From where did you originally save the webpage.
  • What do you mean by "won't open either"? Zotero saves snapshots as HTML files to disk and simply opens those in your computer's default browser. If a particular snapshot isn't appearing correctly, there may have been a problem saving that particular page.
  • So my last paper if I clicked on one of my cited web sites from my library it would open the web page in chrome. I tried to do it today and suddenly it tried to do it on Microsoft edge web browser. I think it might be the way its saving it. If I try to cite and have zotero save with out snapshot it works just not sure what changed. I also changed my default browser to chrome so it would attempt to open in right browser but still any with a snapshot wont open at all.
  • I must add I am really bad with computers.
  • It sounds like there's a difference between your default browser and the program associated with HTML files on your computer. That's why you'd be getting Chrome when you open a URL (when you save without a snapshot) and Edge when you open an HTML file (which the snapshot is). If you look up how to associate a program with a particular file type on for your version of Windows and do that for HTML files, you can fix this.
  • For windows 10, you can do the following to change the program associated with HTML files:
    On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps > Choose default apps by file type. Then go to the line .html and select your desired browser.