REPORT function printing is crapped up

Re: report # 1925837806

Printing REPORTS, I get supersmall fonts. I press RESET and increase FONT SIZE of NOTES but to no avail. REPORT will also fail to print NOTES when it feels like it - simply the biblio info without text in notes. Also, I notice there is no REPORT function in the web-based Zotero. What has happened here - this used to be so reliable and its an essential function.
  • Are you saying that the report looks fine when you generate it, but it has problems only when you print it?

There haven't been changes to reports in years, so this is likely something that changed on your system.

The web library has never supported reports.
  • Well, thanks anyway.
  • I mean, you didn't answer my question, so we can't help further. If you're saying that there's a problem with the display of reports, that'd be a problem in Zotero. If there's a problem with how they're printed, that's likely a problem on your computer.
  • Yes, there's a problem in the display of the REPORTS, which I'm guessing starts with the problem of display in NOTES, which cannot ingest embedded pictures or synch NOTES that have them. Margins are screwy, fonts turn super-huge or miniscule. And now that every web page has some ads and pictures - Zotero stumbles more than its succeeds with this. I think. Its why I remember I turned to OneNote which has no such problem at all picking up such content - but it has no REPORT feature, which is vital for me. But it turns out Zotero's REPORT feature is now crippled by what I assume is this problem of embedded images.
  • Yes, embedded images are not supported in notes and never have been. We plan to support them in a future version, but for now they can cause various problems and should be removed.

If you're trying to copy content containing images from a webpage, you can paste into Notepad first and then copy from there to Zotero to get plain text.
  • That's a great suggestion/workaround. I will try it. Thanks. Also saving the report as HTML, then printing from that, seems to alleviate some of the issues.
  • If you're trying to copy content containing images from a webpage, you can paste into Notepad first and then copy from there to Zotero to get plain text.
    Alternatively, try using a keyboard shortcut: Paste without formatting, Ctrl+Shift+V.
    Also saving the report as HTML, then printing from that, seems to alleviate some of the issues.
    This might be an issue related to your third-party printing tool. Check the page size setting in the printing options. If you're using a PDF printer, check if you get the same issue when printing from a different program.

Zotero's font size setting in "View" -> "Note Font Size" controls the size of displayed text in the note pane. The setting doesn't change the size of printed or saved text. If the text in a Zotero note includes some formatting, select the text and press the "Clear formatting" (Tₓ) button.

BTW, the Report Customizer add-on offers various customization options for reports. With the Zutilo add-on, you can set a keyboard shortcut for generating a report.