Implement advanced search within main window

This discussion was created from comments split from: feature request: bool operators for advanced search.
  • It would also be useful if the advanced search was implemented within the main window instead of its own separate window.
  • (Please start new threads for new issues — the thread you posted to was a different feature request. I've moved this to a new thread.)

I'm not really understanding what you mean here. Can you explain what you're looking to do? Are you aware that any advanced search can be saved as a saved search, such that it's active within the main window?
  • Sure. Items in Advanced Search results cannot be right-clicked. Search results within the main window can be right-clicked.
  • edited October 11, 2020
    Right, the fix for that would just be to enable more interactions with items in the Advanced Search window. That's generally planned, though no idea when it will happen.

You can do what you want now by saving an advanced search as a saved search.
  • I would like to have this to reduce the number of windows open. I typically read PDFs in the in-built reader, but in a separate window. If I need to find something using the advanced search option while reading, I have no manipulate three windows: the library, the PDF reader, and the advanced search window. If the advanced search window is part of the main window, I will have to deal with just two windows, which is easier. I am not suggesting to having the advanced search window within the main window always as it is sometimes useful to have it a separate window, but having an option to activate it as a part of the main window or as a separate window would be great.