feature request: bool operators for advanced search

currently, one can add several criteria within the advanced search panel, but all these different rules are subject to "match all of the following" or "match any of the following".
It would be much more convienent if we can use bool operators within each field. For example, I may want to search within a collection that satisfy the following rules:
1. in the title field, it has (robot* and (review or survey or "state or the art" or overview)) not "nano"
2. in the year field, I would like to set it between 2018-2019.
Currently, the advanced search is still quite basic, which does not allow "" and bool operators

sometimes we may even want a more complex rule, such as (rule 1 and rule 2) or (rule 3 not rule 4), but currently, it does not allow a more sophisticated combining rule for the different lines of criteria (now it only supports any or all of all the rules)

I do see the "Complex Search Criteria" in the documentation, upon creating different saved search, then combine them, but this is way too cumbersome when we have different criterias. For example, the keywords for literature reivew it self could have several different versions. Moreover, the saved search are always displayed after the collections one after one, and we can't drag them into other collections, so it would be a mess if we create many different saved search.

In this vein, I would also suggest that zotero to support that we drag the saved searches into other collections, so that we can organize them in a more reasonable way.

• BTW, I would suggest adding filters "everything" or "all fields and tags" or "title creator year" in the quick search into the advanced search too, besides another filter similar to the "topic" of WOS, including "title, keywords, abstracts"
  • I'd find this useful, too.
  • I would love this. Like @livey_liwei, I'd love to be able to run more complicated searches, e.g., combining two different "match all" sets of rules with an inclusive "or" operator.

I, too, would like to be able to organize saved searches somehow. I suspect that the reason Zotero doesn't allow you to organize them has something to do with the "show items from subcollections" option (which can be toggled on and off from the View menu). It's conceivable that two different saved searches could have mutually exclusive parameters within a single collection, and if the option to "show items from subcollections" is active, then it might create problems for displaying the contents of the subcollections (i.e., Zotero might not know how to display, simultaneously, all of the items contained in the subcollections). But, if that's the issue, perhaps there's a way to automatically disable this feature when it comes to saved searches so that, at the very least, saved searches can be sorted and grouped among themselves. That, combined with the ability to run more complex search queries, would be a big gain.