Custom style: Department of Economics at Kahramanmaraş Sütçü İmam University of Turkey

This discussion was created from comments split from: References in Bibliography.
  • I am a graduate student at the Department of Economics at Kahramanmaraş Sütçü İmam University of Turkey. According to the thesis directive of the Institute of Social Sciences, we created a style over the Mendeley program, but we can't fix some points. We need your help. Thanks in advance.
    Below are the two problems we encounter:
    Problem 1: Translation Book The abbreviation "Translation" (“Çev.”) should come before the authors to be able to refer to the bibliography. But CSL EDITOR adds the program after the authors.
    What we have (“Çev” means “translation” in Turkish):
    Borges, J. L., 1999. Selected non-fictions, E. Allen, S. J. Levine ve E. Weinberger, Çev., Viking, New York, NY. ss.559.
    What we need (“Çev” means “translation” in Turkish):
    Borges, J. L., 1999. Selected non-fictions, Çev.: E. Allen, S. J. Levine ve E. Weinberger, Viking, New York, NY. ss.559.
    Problem 2: The abbreviation "Ed" is added after the authors in the CSL EDITOR program to reference the edited book in the bibliography. This should be added before the authors.
    What we need:
    Mares, I., 2001. ''Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers?", Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage, Ed.: P. A. Hall ve D. Soskice, Oxford University Press, New York.
  • @dstillman could you please split this into a new thread?

@sibelul -- generally better to start a new discussion for new questions.
    Could you post your style code somewhere like pastebin.com or hastebin.com and link to it here?

• I added it as a new chat. Topic as reference problems
  • No, we already split this. We'll respond here.
  • here is the link to the cod: https://hastebin.com/
  • That's not a link to the code — it's just the hastebin homepage.
  • You seem to have this right for editors already, so not sure what the problem there is -- make sure you're using the latest verison of the style.

For translators, it works the same way. Change the macro secondary-editors to look like this:

<macro name="secondary-contributors">
    <choose>
    <if type="article-journal chapter paper-conference" match="none">
    <names variable="translator" delimiter=", " prefix=" " suffix=",">
    <label form="short" suffix=": " text-case="capitalize-first"/>
    <name and="text" delimiter-precedes-last="never" initialize-with=". "/>
    </names>
    </if>
    </choose>
    </macro>
  • Your code solved our second problem on edited books. However, our first problem indicated in the message above is still there. The word translation (short: Çev.) does not appear at all in the reference. Can you help with this, too, please?
  • Something is going wrong in installing/testing the style -- my code does not do anything for editors (your code already handles those correctly) but it definitely prints Çev.: for translated books, I tested with the Borges item you have above.
  • Ooops! I realized that I had tried your code on Mendeley. Sorry! I tried now on Zotero and it worked well. Thanks a lot. I am surprised that the name of translator does not appear in the reference on Mendeley.
  • to Zotero,

existing: Isaacson, W., 2011. Steve Jobs, Simon & Schuster, New York, NY. ss.630

what we need: Isaacson, W., 2011. Steve Jobs, Simon & Schuster, New York, NY, 630s.

(there should be a comma after the word “NY” not a full stop, and the number of pages is going to be shown as “600s.”)

https://hastebin.com/lihorecaci.xml
  • Both issues stem from the publishers macro.

Copy and paste this into your style replacing your current publisher macro:

<macro name="publisher">
    <choose>
    <if type="report">
    <group delimiter=",">
    <text variable="publisher-place" prefix=" "/>
    <text variable="publisher" prefix=" "/>
    <text variable="number" prefix=" ss. " suffix="."/>
    </group>
    </if>
    <else-if type="thesis">
    <choose>
    <if variable="archive URL" match="any">
    <text variable="genre" text-case="capitalize-all" suffix=","/>
    <text variable="publisher"/>
    <text variable="publisher-place" prefix="," suffix="."/>
    </if>
    <else>
    <text variable="genre" text-case="lowercase" prefix="(Yayımlanmamış " suffix="). "/>
    <group delimiter=", ">
    <text variable="publisher"/>
    <text variable="publisher-place"/>
    </group>
    </else>
    </choose>
    </else-if>
    <else>
    <group delimiter=", ">
    <choose>
    <if variable="event" match="none"/>
    </choose>
    <choose>
    <if type="article-journal article-magazine" match="none">
    <group delimiter=", ">
    <text variable="publisher" prefix=" "/>
    <text variable="publisher-place"/>
    <group>
    <number variable="number-of-pages"/>
    <label plural="never" variable="number-of-pages" form="short"/>
    </group>
    </group>
    </if>
    </choose>
    </group>
    </else>
    </choose>
    </macro>

• edited August 27, 2020

existing: Mares, I., 2001. ''Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers?", Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage, Ed.: P. A. Hall ve D. Soskice, Oxford University Press, New York

what we need : Mares, I., 2001. ''Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers?", Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage, Ed.: P. A. Hall ve D. Soskice, Oxford University Press, New York, ss. 75-85.

(in this case, we just need to add at the end a comma followed by space and ss. space page number dash page number and a dot)

https://hastebin.com/onijedoles.xml
  • edited August 28, 2020
    A simple "thank you" always helps. We're still humans here on the other side, not robots. ;)

This is very similar to above problems. You'll need to add this to your style:

<group delimiter=" ">
    <label variable="page" form="short"/>
    <text variable="page"/>
    </group>
  • Since we are going through a hectic schedule here, I must have forgotten to include a thank you in my message. I do apologize. I thank you all very much for your time and effort.
  • @damnation your code makes changes in the citation, not in the bibliography. However, we would like to keep the citation but change only the bibliography format.
  • I didn't specify where to put it into the code, I just gave you the code snippet that will render "ss. 75-85".

• Hello, thank you very much for your help. we couldn't handle the problem we sent. can you help again Thank you again.

existing: Mares, I., 2001. ''Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers?", Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage, Ed.: P. A. Hall ve D. Soskice, Oxford University Press, New York

what we need : Mares, I., 2001. ''Firms and the welfare state: When, why, and how does social policy matter to employers?", Varieties of capitalism. The institutional foundations of comparative advantage, Ed.: P. A. Hall ve D. Soskice, Oxford University Press, New York, ss. 75-85.

(in this case, we just need to add at the end a comma followed by space and ss. space page number dash page number and a dot)

thank you.

https://hastebin.com/wibukijane.xml
  • Line 372.

Also, I recommend removing any font-variant="normal" from anywhere in the code. It can give you problems later.
  • Thank you for returning to us. font-variant = "normal" I have been removed from cls.

could you please. excuse me?

EXİSTİNG: Hancké, B., Rhodes, M. ve Thatcher, M. (Ed.), 2007. Beyond varieties of capitalism: Conflict, contradiction, and complementarities in the European economy, Oxford University Press, Oxford and New York, NY

WHAT WE NEED: Hancké, B., Rhodes, M. ve Thatcher, M. (Ed.), 2007. Beyond varieties of capitalism: Conflict, contradiction, and complementarities in the European economy, Oxford University Press, Oxford and New York, NY, 200s.

(there should be a comma after the word “NY” , and the number of pages is going to be shown as 200s.)

https://hastebin.com/esevovifil.xml

• edited September 13, 2020
    Remember how we did this? https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/363175/#Comment_363175

Instead of the variable/label for "page" you'll want to do the same for "number-of-pages" and change the order and remove the delimiter. Then insert it where you need it.
  • thank you. Thank you very much for your interest.
    Can you help with the report?

REPORT:

EXİSTİNG:
    Ahlquist, J. S. ve Breunig, C., 2009. ''Country clustering in comparative political economy", MPIfG Discussion Paper, Cologne, Max-Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, ss. 09-5.

WHAT WE NEED:
    Ahlquist, J. S. ve Breunig, C., 2009. Country clustering in comparative political economy, MPIfG Discussion Paper, Cologne, Max-Planck Institute for the Study of Societies, 125s.

subject title should not be in quotation marks

https://hastebin.com/gijucugada.xml