invalid username or password

We have a shared library at work, however, when I try to login to Zotero so we can sync our library to my computer I repeatedly get the message "Invalid username or password". I am on a Mac. My colleague has been able to set it up successfully on another Mac. I have Zotero 5.0.88 and my laptop is running OS Catalina 10.15.5. Hope you can help!!
  • There's really no other answer other than that you're entering the username or password incorrectly.

Clear both the username and password fields completely, restart Zotero for good measure, and then enter the credentials again and click Set Up Syncing.
  • I have tried that many times, and did so again just now to be sure. Same message......
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for an attempt to set up syncing?

• version => 5.0.88, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.15, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.88, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.23.SA.5.0.88, extension), Zotero Word for Mac Integration (5.0.27.SA.5.0.88, extension), Shockwave Flash (32.0.0.363, plugin)

(3)(+0000000): Unverifying storage

(3)(+0000016): Getting Zotero sync password

(3)(+0000002): Username not set before getting Zotero.Sync.Storage.WebDAV.password

(3)(+0011782): [ConcurrentCaller] Running function (0/4 running, 0 queued)

(3)(+0000001): HTTP POST "{"username":"Meaningful Ageing","password":"********","name":"Automatic Zotero Client Key","access":{"user":{"library":true,"notes":true,"write":true,"files":true},"groups":{"all":{"library":true,"write":true}}}}" to https://api.zotero.org/keys

(3)(+0000806): HTTP POST https://api.zotero.org/keys succeeded with 403

(3)(+0000001): [ConcurrentCaller] Done with function (0/4 running, 0 queued)

(3)(+0000003): Alert: Invalid username or password

(3)(+0000005): [ConcurrentCaller] All tasks are done
  • edited July 6, 2020
    (Note that a Debug ID is just a number — you don't have to paste the output here.)

That's a different account from the one you're posting from. Is that intentional?
  • Oh, sorry! You can see I am a novice. Yes, I set up another account so I could interact with the forum without stuffing around with our main account that has the library etc.
  • Oh, sorry, I thought you were saying you had resolved the issue. There's really no other answer here other than that you're not entering the right combination of username and password. In this case, the username that you're trying to sync with, as shown in your debug output, doesn't exist. I don't know what account you're trying to sync with, but it's not that.
  • My apology was for including the whole text of the debug. Sorry for any confusion.
    It's very strange to hear that the other username doesn't exist. My colleague uses it. Yes, it is that account that I am trying to sync with. I am not sure what other account it would be. Is there a way to export a whole library to a new account? I think we might have to do that.
  • AAAHHH it's working now, my colleague had confirmed the username when it was in fact not right. Thanks very much for looking into this.