Pubmed - Titre original

Bonjour,

S'il vous plaît, serait-il possible que la récupération depuis PubMed (format PubMed ou .nbib) utilise le titre original (TT) des références importées plutôt que le titre traduit en lieu et place du titre dans un avenir proche ? Et serait-il possible que cela soit ce titre qui soit utilisé avec les principaux styles dérivés de Vancouver ?

Gratitude envers la communauté Zotero !
  • Can you give a link to a PubMed record with a TT field as an example?
  • Okay, so PubMed itself is returning the translated title as the "ArticleTitle".
    https://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/efetch.fcgi?db=pubmed&id=4803997&format=xml

@adamsmith The original title is returned under "VernacularTitle". I'm not sure which should be imported as title. I would think the VernacularTitle should be stored as title and the translated ArticleTitle stored in Extra as "Translated title", but I'm not sure what user expectations are generally here. What do you think?
  • I think having articles saved with their actual title as title makes sense, but I vaguely remember a conversation that this wasn't always so clear cut in the PubMed data, so would want to investigate some more before changing the translator.
  • edited May 28, 2020
    NLM PubMed uses a convention to place translated and transliterated English language titles within square brackets. I had success using a square bracket test to assign English-titles vs vernacular-titles to the proper database field when parsing a PubMed XML file. I import both versions of the title into my SafetyLit database. (I don't know the process by which Zotero captures PubMed metadata. Do you use the XML via the PMID?)
  • Yes, that’s what the translator does.