Error message when inserting more than 199 citations

OOwriter 2.4 linux Ubuntu 08.10 Zotero 1.5 plugin openoffice 2.0a2 firefox 3.0.5

I am writing a large review. After 199 citations in the text I am not able to add more citation. I get the following message from OOwriter:

An unexpected error occured while performing this operation:

File
"/home/yves/.openoffice.org2/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/ODDSkz_/Zotero.oxt" , line 379, in send
response.parse(httpResponse, False)
File
"/home/yves/.openoffice.org2/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/ODDSkz_/Zotero.oxt" , line 4756, in parse
self._parseXML(readXML)
File
"/home/yves/.openoffice.org2/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/ODDSkz_/Zotero.oxt" , line 1520, in _parseXML
parser.parseStyream(inputSrc)
com.sun.star.script.CannotConvertException: VALUE is out of range!

When I cut my text in two parts I can add new citations without error message.
I tested several citation styles and got the same error message.
  • Sorry, in the second part of the error message the line was 476 (not 4756)

File
    "/home/yves/.openoffice.org2/user/uno_packages/cache/uno_packages/ODDSkz_/Zotero.oxt" , line 476, in parse
    self._parseXML(readXML)
  • edited July 9, 2009
    Hey ymeyer !

I've exactly the same problem as your: did you find a solution?
    I need to have one quickly because my large text (183 citations from now, but I need to add several others) must be written for the beginning of September...

If anyone can help, he or she is the welcome !

PS: I use OpenOffice 3.1.0 with Zotero 2.0b6
  • I have that problem too (OOo 3.1.0, Firefox 3.5, Zotero OpenOffice Integration 2.0a2, Zotero Firefox Addon 2.0b5).
    My document was formatted with the Chicago style and I inserted 123 references before getting the error mentioned above. Then I changed the style to Science and I am now able to insert some more references, but for how long?
  • OOo 3.1.0, Firefox 3.0.11, Zotero OpenOffice 2.0a2, Zotero Firefox Addon 2.0b6.5, Windows XP

Error report: 1545600589

I have the exact same problem; when I change the style, the error goes away - but I can't change the style, I need this one. Please help.
  • @ monti

If you add more citations with a different style selected and then change back to Chicago does that produce an error? If not this may be a possible temporary workaround if you are under time constraint.
  • Bionatsci -
    Yeah, that seems to work. I thought I had tried that and it didn't work, but for the time being this appears to temporarily relieve the issue.
    Thanks!
  • edited August 28, 2009
    Same problem here!
    I am stuck at 175th reference (using IEEE format), no more references can be added.
    It's very disappointing for me in middle of my thesis write up.
  • Have you tried changing the style to another one and then changing back to IEEE, as Bionatsci says?
  • What good is changing the style when we need it in the set style we've already chosen for the document!? I've got exactly the same problem, stuck @ 192 citations. This is a real big problem not just for me, but many researchers.

Please produce a fix ASAP.
  • I think Mark means to try temporarily changing the style to something else, then change it back to the one you wish to use and see if that somehow resets it and allows you to add more references.