International Criminal Law citations on Juris M

Is there a guidance pack or video tutorial that assists with adding cases etc to the juris m database?

I was told to swap over for legal citations but given no guidance on how to use its extra features. Without guidelines on what to insert it is not very user friendly.

I have looked online and cannot find one that goes into the detail on what information should be inserted into each field.

The citation should look like this. juris m offers lots of fields so I assume these are just called slightly different things on the info section.

case name | (type of document) | case reference | (date)

Footnote and bibliography:
e.g. Prosecutor v Lubanga Dyilo (Judgment) ICC-01/04-01/06 (14 March 2012)

To pinpoint, follow the citation with the paragraph number in square brackets. To pinpoint several paragraphs, insert a dash between the paragraph numbers:
e.g. Prosecutor v Lubanga Dyilo (Judgment) ICC-01/04-01/06 (14 March 2012) [81]-[83]
  • @Ewelch99: Improved documentation for legal citations in Jurism is in development, but I can advise here on your immediate requirements. To that end, a couple of questions:
    • Which jurisdictions are you needing to reference? Is your main need for ICC cases?
    • Are you working in the OSCOLA style (judging from the bracketed paragraph numbers)?
  • edited March 20, 2020
    @Ewelch99: I see from your earlier post that you are in the OSCOLA style, and also require treaties and EU directives (at minimum). To save you time with examples, we can use OSCOLA for reference. If you can indicate which sections of the guide need to be implemented, I can set that up, and provide a library of examples to show how each should be entered in Jurism.
  • Hi Frank,

Yes I am using the JM OSCOLA style.

What do you need me to share with you?
  • Hi guys, did any of you find solutions for this? I switched to Juris-M from Zotero seeing that it at least had "Document Name" to insert the name of the decision/advisory opinion etc. But Juris-M still doesn't put the document name in the citation at all :/
  • Essentially all support for Juris-M is provided at:
    https://juris-m.github.io/

• @haley_hi i order to enjoy all the benefits added by jurism, you should also use one of the jurism enhanced styles, which actively pull information from the additional fields (they usually have the name starting with JM), look into the site mentioned by DWL-SDCA
  • @ezellohar that's the thing, I am using JM OSCOLA. Without the JM version there isn't even any field for document name. Here, it exists but it still doesn't display it in the citation.
    I would edit the style myself, but then I'm running into the problem that the online visual style editor doesn't even allow to pic "legal case" as an example citation. So essentially I'd have to blind edit it and I don't have nearly enough experience to successfully do that. Maybe you know other visual CSL editors except for the one that pops up on Google search (it's somehow affiliated with Mendeley I think).