Can't accept ownership of Groups

edited March 4, 2020
Hi

Every time I click on a message to accept ownership of a Group Library, I get an error message saying I "don't have access to this area". Any ideas what's going wrong? This is coming at a bad time, as I'm trying to rationalize management of a bunch of my colleagues' accounts.

I'm on Mac, using Firefox.

Thanks
  • Did you figure this out? It looks like you've accepted ownership of several groups and there are no others currently pending transfer for this account.

Note that if the existing owner starts the transfer, then cancels and starts it again, you'll still get the notification for the first one but it will no longer be valid, leading to the error message you saw. If that's the case, you can either wait for the last notification to come, or access the group's main page (also linked in those emails) and if there is an active transfer pending you can accept it there. (That appears to have been the case for at least one of the groups recently transferred to you, with a transfer initiated, then invalidated and re-initiated in quick succession)
  • Seems to be resolved, though I didn't do anything. I think you get the "you don't have access" message if you click on an invitation to take over ownership once you've already accepted it. The first time I clicked on one I created this evening I got that message, but when I checked I saw that it had given me ownership anyway. Possibly my own fecklessness played a role. Anyway, thanks for the response.