Report Error: ID 1983744749

Hello!

For the full report please see information below. I am having a 20 pages Word-Document using Mac. If i actualize the footnote, either the footnotes double themselves or I get the information that an error occurred.

The latter also appears if I try to insert a bibliography. I already tried to solve the problem with the troubleshooting techniques on your website but could not fix it.

Thanks for help!

[JavaScript Error: "The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error -1728.) @[prepareReadFieldCode:document.m:212]"]

[JavaScript Error: "Sie müssen den Cursor in einer Zotero-Zitation positionieren, um sie zu bearbeiten."]

[JavaScript Error: "The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error -1728.) @[prepareReadFieldCode:document.m:212]"]

[JavaScript Error: "Field reference lost @[insertFieldRaw:document.m:1527]" {file: "file:///Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroMacWordIntegration.js" line: 227}]

[JavaScript Error: "The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error -1728.) @[setCode:field.m:668]" {file: "file:///Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroMacWordIntegration.js" line: 227}]

[JavaScript Error: "The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error -1728.) @[cleanup:document.m:1096]" {file: "file:///Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroMacWordIntegration.js" line: 227}]

[JavaScript Error: "The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus error -1728.) @[getText:field.m:637]" {file: "file:///Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/extensions/zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org/components/zoteroMacWordIntegration.js" line: 227}]

[JavaScript Error: "TypeError: this.tagSelector is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/zoteroPane.js" line: 270}]
ZoteroPane 5.0.80, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.13, locale => de, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.80, extensions => Zotero Word for Mac Integration (5.0.24.SA.5.0.80, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.20.SA.5.0.80, extension), Shockwave Flash (30.0.0.154, plugin)
  • edited January 6, 2020
    What version of Word?

Assuming it works in a new document, the Debugging Broken Documents steps — and specifically the last step — will by definition either fix the problem or isolate a specific section of the document that triggers it.
  • version 16.32
  • Now it is no longer showing the error information, but still, the footnote is doubling itself instead of actualizing only.

• What do you mean by "doubling itself" and "actualizing"? If it works in a new document you will have to follow the instructions that dstillman linked above to isolate the problem.
  • It means, that usually, when I wanted to have a new citation style or wanted to the citations refreshed, only those things would have changed that I wanted to change.

Now, also in the new document where I no longer get the error sign, if I click on "Refresh", every footnote is then there twice, like this:

17 Martin Schaad, „Als Minister Lücke Bundeskanzler Ueb war“, Der Freitag, 10. August 2001, https://www.freitag.de/autoren/der-freitag/als-minister-lucke-bundeskanzler-ueb-war. Martin Schaad, „Als Minister Lücke Bundeskanzler Ueb war“, Der Freitag, 10. August 2001, https://www.freitag.de/autoren/der-freitag/als-minister-lucke-bundeskanzler-ueb-war.
  • Go into Zotero Preferences -> Cite -> Word Processors and reinstall the word plugin. You will need to completely remove every citation that you see doubling upon refresh. Make sure to either remove the footnotes in full, or inside the footnote, remove all citation text including with an extra character on either side.

This is caused by your Word Zotero plugin not updating properly. This bug came with Word 16.9 and was fixed in Zotero about 2 years ago. Unfortunately for some users the Word plugin does not update automatically and you did not get the bug fix.