Can't add citation to Word documents

This discussion was created from comments split from: MS Word 365 v16.0 breaks Zotero Word for Windows Integration.
  • I'm using Microsoft Word 16.30 on my Mac and have lost the ability to add citations to my Word docuents using Zotero nor can I get a reference section. I can save to my Library using Firefox (not from Safari) once I downloaded it and the extension. I have spent a long time trying to figure out where the Zotero functions have gone! I did upgrade the Mac (foolishly it turns out) to Catalina which required re installation of all of Microsoft Office. I have a long medical research paper to finish and can't. Help please.
  • Catalina wouldn't be a problem (other than for the Safari extension, which we're still working on updating).

Could you say what exactly is happening? If you're not seeing the Zotero toolbar in the ribbon in Word, see Zotero Toolbar Doesn't Appear. If you're still having trouble after that, let us know exactly what you tried and what happened at each step.
  • No Zotero tool bar. And since I have the latest version of Word, I'm not sure what to do but will try the steps for Word 2016 on your site for now and report back if that doesn't work.