Error when syncing notes with images

Hello,

I am receiving this error when trying to sync my library. Dozens of my sources have notes embedded in them. This is the message I am getting. Is there any easier way to add images to Zotero without needing to save them individually?

"An error occurred during syncing:

The note “Image Pages 72-74” is too long to sync. Shorten the note and sync again."
  • I'm afraid notes with embedded images can't currently be synced. Embedded images have never been officially supported, but it was possible to create them by accident in earlier versions of the note editor, and we've left the capability enabled since some people who use Zotero without syncing rely on them. We're hoping to support them properly in a future version. For now, you'd have to either forego syncing or attach the images as attachments to the parent item.
  • +1 for implementing the functionality
    Being able to embed screenshots and images into notes (while retaining the possibility to sync) is an immensely important functionality for me.
  • For me this would also be a fabulous resource. I really miss that feature. Thanks!
  • +1 for this feature.
    I tried to use it for embedding screenshots in my reading notes along with the book or paper I was reading, but found that I cannot sync it.
    My current workaround is creating a .odt file as a replacement, which is supported by various platforms. It works but I still believe this feature would be a big plus for zotero.
  • edited June 24, 2021
    Images in notes are supported in the new note editor in the Zotero beta. (Previously inserted images remain unsupported.)
  • It seems syncing embedding images in the notes still not works for me
  • @leo_xh: Notes created previously still aren't supported. It's possible we'll be able to convert them to the new, supported format, but no guarantees. Newly added images should sync.
  • Should I change the sync settings to support the feature? I try to create a new note but the images don't sync.
  • 1. in the sync settings, I choose "sync attachment files in MyLibrary using Zotero" and "Download files as needed"
    2. I create a new note as an attachment file in an item
    3. I "select area" in the item's pdf and drag it to the note.
    4. the previous steps are done in a windows app, then I wait for the app in Ubuntu (with the same version, i.e., Beta.33) to sync the note
    5. the note in Ubuntu is correct except that the image is a white frame but the citation is correct.
  • plus, sync the images from outside the reader (from the computer or web) is ok.
  • What's the URL of the item in question in your online library?
  • edited July 14, 2021
    Oh, we might not properly be supporting embedded images when using "as needed" download mode. We'll look into it. Thanks for letting us know.