"An error occurred saving with PubMed"

I had been using Zotero now without issues for the last 2 years. However, this week I switched computers at work and started using Windows 10. Despite that Zotero and the Chrome connector have been installed without problems, I am currently not able to save my references from PubMed to my library.

The connector icon is grey-lined, and its is set at "Save to Zotero (PubMed)". However, when I click the connector button it keeps giving the same error: "An error occurred saving with PubMed. Attempting to save using Embedded Metadata instead.", resulting in refs with messed up authors etc. I have updated and restarted Zotero, deleted and reinstalled the connector. I restarted my computer and Chrome and all tabs, and reset the translators. However, it still does not work.

Any suggestions? Thanks a lot in advance!
  • Does it work now? There was another report about PubMed not working, so I'd guess this was just a temporary glitch on their end.
  • Same to me, all of a sudden, started 15 mins ago. Both with Chrome and Firefox :(
  • Unfortunately it still does not work. I found out that I am able so save the refs when opening the article and then save to Zotero. Good alternative for now, but every extra click... ;)
  • The PubMed API is down -- normally this gets fixed quickly, but until it does, there's absolutely nothing we can do on the Zotero end.

We'll post here when this is working again.
  • Same here

tried to reinstall both the software as the plugin in Chrome, but still doesn't work
  • I have the same problem. I used both of Chrome and Firfox and changed pc...it still does not work
  • Again, there's not need to post here if you have this problem and there's no need to take any troubleshooting steps. This is not a problem with Zotero.
    The PubMed API is down -- normally this gets fixed quickly, but until it does, there's absolutely nothing we can do on the Zotero end.

We'll post here when this is working again.
  • Currently the service is back up, but it's been shaky for the last ~10hs so if this isn't working for you, likely the same issue. (see various reports on Twitter: https://twitter.com/lozano_jon/status/1169566572001878016 unfortunately there's no status page to refer to for the API)