"Midfix": text-specific locator right after the title? / locator juste après le titre ?

Hi,
I couldn't find any satisfying solution to some scenarios where you need to specify a reference, relatively to the original text, not to the publication, and so to put an ad hoc locator right after the title. For example:

- antique texts -> ex: ARISTOTE, Rhétorique, [[ II, 20, 1393b4 ]], in P. Pellegrin (ed.), Œuvres complètes, Paris, Flammarion, 2014, p. 2693.

- theater plays -> ex: MOLIÈRE, Le Misanthrope, [[ Acte II, scène 3 ]], Jacques Chupeau (ed.), Paris, Gallimard, 1999, p. xxx.
(this was a question already asked in 2010: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/14606/locator-for-plays-citer-une-piece-de-theatre )

Do you know a clean way to do this, without having to add manually the information in the middle of the note, which would prevent it to update later on?
Rather than a specific "locator", a "midfix" would be perfect, placed right after the title, and allowing to put any other end-locator like the page number...

It's a lot to ask, I guess!

---

Bonjour,

Je ne trouve pas de solution satisfaisante pour certains cas de figure où il est nécessaire de spécifier une référence relative au texte d'origine, et non à sa publication, et donc de mettre un "locator" ad hoc, juste après le titre de l'œuvre. Par exemple :

- textes antiques -> ex : ARISTOTE, Rhétorique, [[ II, 20, 1393b4 ]], in P. Pellegrin (dir.), Œuvres complètes, Paris, Flammarion, 2014, p. 2693.

- pièces de théâtre -> ex : MOLIÈRE, Le Misanthrope, [[ Acte II, scène 3 ]], Jacques Chupeau (dir.), Paris, Gallimard, 1999, p. xxx.
(je reprends ici une question posée en 2010 : https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/14606/locator-for-plays-citer-une-piece-de-theatre )

Voyez-vous un moyen de faire ça proprement, sans avoir besoin de rajouter manuellement l'info en milieu de citation, ce qui empêche celle-ci de se mettre à jour ultérieurement ? Plutôt qu'un "locator" spécifique, qui empêcherait d'en mettre un autre comme le numéro de page par exemple, il faudrait une sorte de "midfix", qui vienne se caler juste après le titre...

J'en demande beaucoup, j'imagine !
  • I'm afraid there's still no way to do this and I wouldn't expect us to work on it any time soon. I understand the rationale, but it adds a ton of complexity for a fairly rare use case.
  • Ok... too bad. But I perfectly understand.
    Thanks for the answer!
  • edited September 3, 2019
    (As a side-note from Jurism development [separate from Zotero and mainstream CSL], this is the kind of thing that locator-extra is meant for.)