How to cite a book with its translation

2»
  • Thank you @adamsmith

You are right.

@damnation if you want, here you can find the Zotero's records about the Rosenberg book (here it is becaming very famous!). You will see that both author and translator names are in full lenght.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dt8wcbEjg724kVnT5BbQPKjeHxt7K_JzzkYNxMEW1t0
  • Hello @damnation

In the In-text citation both author and translator have to show only the first letter.

In the Bibliography the translator informations are missed. See below. What I can see with your model:

Rosenberg, N., Inside the black box, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1982, Dentro la scatola nera: tecnologia ed economia - test, Bologna, Il mulino, 1991.

What I will aspect
    Rosenberg, Nathan, Inside the black box, Cambridge, Cambridge university press, 1982, tr. it. di G. Ferrara degli Uberti, Dentro la scatola nera: tecnologia ed economia, Bologna, Il Mulino, 1991

Thanks
    Andrea

• edited February 15, 2018
    @andreacengia

- in-text authors: fixed (overlooked that, my fault)
    - translator in bibliography: added
    - locale: changed to tr. it. di (from trad. da)

https://github.com/POBrien333/styles/raw/8f2cc73a04048e4e6464ba8cda8b556fa956855a/quaderni-materialisti.csl
  • Hello @damnation

this version seems to work very well. I have not found any problems at the moment.

Let me try to use it deeply for a while.

Thank you for all your work
    Andrea
  • Hello @damnation

I am trying the style above and I think that there are some improves even though the style works well.

First question: when I have a short quotation, is it possible to show the short title fied before of "op.cit" --> K. Mannheim, op.cit., 1:10.

Second question: Is it possible to show a prefix for the page number instead o 1:10.

Final result should be:
    K. Mannheim, Sociology, op. cit., 1, p.10

"Sociology" is the short-title field.

Many thanks indeed.
    Andrea
  • Hello,

Some months ago I posted this issue about custom the style linked above. After using it deeply during my Phd research, I struggle with the problem shown below.
    Could you help me please in order to define this style correctly?

The main issue I have noted is this. Last April I wrote to @damnation the problem. Unfortunately the matter still exists.

I am trying the style above and I think that there are some improves even though the style works well.

First question: when I have a short quotation, is it possible to show the short title fied before of "op.cit" --> K. Mannheim, op.cit., 1:10.

Second question: Is it possible to show a prefix for the page number instead o 1:10.

Final result should be:
    K. Mannheim, Sociology, op. cit., 1, p.10

"Sociology" is the short-title field.

Many thanks indeed.
    Andrea
  • Hi,

I'm using "Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition (note, with Ibid.)".

I'd like to have the orginal Title, Publisher, Publisher Place and Date in the bibliography.

I enter the following information in the appropriate fields:

Author: Kuhn, Thomas
    Translator: Meyer, Laure
    Title: La structure des révolutions scientifiques
    Publisher: Flammarion
    Place: Paris
    Date: 2003

In the Extra field, I enter the following information:

original-title: The structure of scientific revolutions
    original-publisher: University of Chicago Press
    original-publisher-place: Chicago, Ill.
    original-date: 1962

The results is almost perfect except for two glitches:

Kuhn, Thomas. La structure des révolutions scientifiques. Traduit par Laure Meyer. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1962. Reprint, Paris: Flammarion, 2003.

Original Publisher, Publisher Place and Date are printed but not the original Title, and there is word, 'Reprint', which is not suppose to be there. I didn't enter that word in any field in Zotero. I suppose the word is generated automatically by the style.

Is there a way to print the original Title and to remove 'Reprint'?

Thanks,

François

• Can we break this out into a new thread?
    This thread really is about the quaderni-materialisti.csl style...
  • No problem. I'll post my message in a new post.

Thanks.

• I have a similar issue for translated books.

I need a CSS with citation in text like APA but for the bibliography i need to use also this format for translated books:

Chomsky N. (1988). Language and problems of knowledge, Cambridge, MIT Press (trad. It.
    Language and problems of knowledge, Bologna, Il Mulino 1988)

Can you help me?