Numeric reference style for ERL journal

I am not able to find numeric csl file for Environment Research Letters journal referencing. Can anyone help me?
  • edited June 25, 2019
    By "numeric", do you mean numerical system for citation?

Meanwhile, from the author guidelines, you may use either Vancouver numerical system or Harvard alphabetical system for publication in ERL.

"You may use either of these two systems for your references (unless you are submitting to Fluid Dynamics Research, Journal of Geophysics & Engineering, Physics in Medicine and Biology or Physiological Measurement, which require all references to be written using the Harvard alphabetical style), or Nuclear Fusion, which requires all references to be written using the Vancouver numerical system)."

Alternatively you can request a style, mentioning the current "environmental-research-letters.csl" is using "institute-of-physics-harvard.csl" as parent and you would like to get an alternative style referring to Vancouver system.
  • Yes, you can use the Vancouver style that comes preinstalled with Zotero here.

@adamsmith Should we add another dependent style?
  • edited June 25, 2019
    We have the IOP styles (numeric and author date) on the repository. Just use those:
    https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=institute-of-physics

re the dependent style. @adamsmith:
    ERL is set as a dependent style for the author-date style.
    Just checked papers. 5 out of 6 had the author-date and 1 the numeric style. I suggest we keep it as is.
  • It would be nice to have dependent style of ERL to this one.
  • Poettli, it already has a dependent style...
    Please see my comment above.
  • I meant two distinct and clear ERL style names: one with numerical system and one with alphabetical system. It is not intuitive to search for "institute of physics" when one is searching for "environmental research letter" with numeric system.
  • Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, a separate ERL style for alphabetical and numeric systems would be really helpful.
  • Yeah, I don't see why we shouldn't do ERL (numeric) and ERL (author-date).
  • Is that possible with the auto-generated styles?