Back up Zotero library

I'm trying to back up my Zotero library but these instructions http://libguides.northwestern.edu/c.php?g=114874&p=750370 don't help me since the window that opens on my computer has no option for "moving up a level in the file directory". I'm using a Swedish version of Zotero so maybe that has something to do with it, but there is no equivalent option in Swedish either.

Is there another way to do it? I want to back up my entire library and save it in a folder.
  • "moving up a level in the file directory" has nothing to do with Zotero, it is a command of the Windows Explorer. Are you on Windows?
  • Assuming Windows, you can use alt + the up arrow for this, for example. In W10 there's an upward pointing arrow in File Explorer at the top left.
    This works similarly on Mac and gnome-based Linux distros.
  • I did that, but even in the higher level there is no Zotero library folder as described in the guide.
  • When you show the data folder via the preferences, what are some of the files you see?
  • "locate", "storage", "styles", "tmp", and "translators"
  • OK, you want to back up exactly that folder containing those subfolders/files. Unless you're using a custom data directory, it's going to be called "zotero".

You'd typically be able to see -- and even click on to navigate to -- the folder you're currently in at the top of your File Explorer/Finder/etc. window.