Error Syncing with Zotero Server - Report ID: 1113640836

I have 4 PCs on which I use Zotero. I am using version 2.0b5

I'm experiencing problems on one of them when carrying out a Sync with the server. Error is reported with report ID mentioned above. I have set Zotero to Sync upon startup, where I see the issue. Also get the issue when manually trying to carry out a sync with the server by clicking the Sync button.

**Other Behavior**
- Anything I may add to the Zotero library goes directly into the My Library (parent) folder instead of the dedicated sub-folder folder to which I was adding the reference article. I cannot move or copy these items.

- Authors missing. Several of my references when imported, particularly from websites have their authors missing/empty. Also, for some entries created, even though the Author field exists and is filled, they do not show up in the Reference List under Creator, which makes it harder to sort/find the articles.

Hope you can fix these issues. I haven't seen any blatant issues on any of the other 2.05b installations. Will keep a closer eye now.

Regards,
Vispi.
  • I find that my MAC running OSX 10.5 is not performing sync since uploading the 2.05. When I press on sync it does nothing
  • It doesn't seem to be restricted to 2.05beta, though.

I'm back at home now using a PC with v2.04B (I chose not to upgrade), and still experiencing the same problems.
    Error ID generated: 1837777349
  • Very odd, sometimes it syncs and sometimes it does not. About one hour ago it synced and then now it wont and when I use my other computer - I get a sync error message. Problem seems to be at server end? Is there a way to formally document the error?
  • vshroff: See Troubleshooting Sync Errors. If you can wait, an upcoming build of Zotero may offer an additional reset option that will be able to fix your error without needing to do a one-way sync that overwrites either your local database or the server.

By the way, this error could've occurred if you got the "Another sync operation...is still in progress" message and reset an active sync session (though there could be other causes as well).
  • I don't know if this will help others, but my sync (OSX 10.5) worked on 2.04b, and then had all sorts of trouble in 2.05b (including multiple tries, multiple tries resetting server, etc.), but I noticed that the items I had trouble syncing did not seem familiar to me -- they were certainly not items that I had added to my collection. Turned out they were references from a group which I had joined. When I left the group, presto, my sync worked perfectly and quickly, and on multiple machines.

Maybe something about syncing with groups got broken in 2.05b?
  • Hi Dan

The sync appears to be working now. It started working Wednesday evening GMT... Other problems appear to have disappeared as well. I don't know what fixed it, may have been something server side, because I didn't do anything explicitly on my side.

Just wanted to say that Zotero is a great tool and you guys are definitely doing good work here.

Thanks.
  • My sync has worked for the past two days now; no idea what was wrong