No way to report bug: zotero 5.0.66 does not terminate

zotero 5.0.66 does NOT terminate (Debian stretch 4.9.88).

'File -> Quit' closes the window but leaves the process running. It must be killed by hand or zotero cannot be restarted.

This is a new bug that started after zotero updated itself.

This cannot be reported using 'Help -> Report Error' since the error occurs after the Zotero window is closed.

There appears to be no place on the Zotero website to report bugs. There should be.
  • edited April 13, 2019
    (These forums are the way to report bugs and get help with Zotero.)

How did you install Zotero on your system? Using the tarball available from https://zotero.org/download or another source/method?
  • I installed Zotero using the Debian package.
  • Generally the tarball is the only officially supported version of Zotero but I'm a bit surprised you can be on 5.0.66 with the distributed debian package (which was only updated to 4.0.29.16 afaik), so could you specify which debian package from where?
  • You're right. I had, in fact, installed from the tarball, in 2018-10.

Everything was working correctly until I launched Zotero this morning. It displayed a message indicating that it needed to be updated - I clicked a button to do so. I have not reinstalled from the tarball since last October. Do I need to do that?
  • After installing from the tarball, Zotero should update automatically.
  • And the failure to quite is replicable, yes? You have to force quite/kill Zotero every time you start it?