Report ID: 1087916022. Zotero sync hanging, then "stopping" overnight

I'm running Zotero 5.0.65 on Windows 10 Pro v. 1803; H/W is i7-4770, 16GB RAM.

The problem is:
1. Sync was hanging for hours without completing. The green arrow just kept spinning. NB I have sync set to manual, and to sync full-text content.

The changes I was syncing at the time (yesterday) were not extensive: some changes to saved searches, a few merges, some added PDF attachments (23 at most, that was all I downloaded yesterday). My library totals 6,452 items if that helps; my Zotero storage is currently at ~2.1GB so there is quite a lot there.

2. When I gave up on the sync and hit "stop sync", it went into "stopping", with the green arrow still spinning. I left the PC on overnight and the arrow is still spinning now, 18 hours later.

Looking at the error report, it seems to be a problem with the connection, to my untutored eye. I'm reluctant to just close Zotero while it's syncing or stopping, though, as I don't want to risk anything being corrupted (though I'm probably being overly cautious here).

What do I do?

Output from error report below:
------------------------------
[JavaScript Error: "WebSocket connection closed: 1006 "]

[JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]

[JavaScript Error: "HTTP POST https://repo.zotero.org/repo/updated?last=1554155754&version=5.0.65&m=4 failed with status code 500"]

[JavaScript Error: "HTTP POST https://repo.zotero.org/repo/updated?last=1554155754&version=5.0.65&m=4 failed with status code 500"]

[JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]

version => 5.0.65, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.65, extensions => ZotFile (5.0.9, extension), Zotero DOI Manager (1.3.7, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.65, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.12.SA.5.0.65, extension), Shockwave Flash (20.0.0.306, plugin)

------------------------------
  • For completeness, the steps to reproduce:

1. Click "sync" at top right. Wait several hours.
    2. Click "stop sync" at top right. Wait overnight.
  • You can just restart Zotero. If you have trouble after restarting, we'd want to see a Debug ID for a sync attempt that doesn't stalls.
  • Thanks. It's the work PC where it's hanging, and I just got home, so I'll do it tomorrow. I'll let you know if there's more trouble.