Closing multiple list items simultaneously

May I respectfully request the ability to close multiple items that have been revealed.

Specifically: the triangle that sits to the left of each parent entry, that reveals/hides documents contained within the parent item.

The Problem: searching the database results in several opened entries (the triangle to the left pointing downwards).

The Justification: I am a disabled (vision-impaired) user and often use the open triangle(s) to more quickly spot those items I have been looking at during a given session.

However, after a search those otherwise helpful little triangles are open all over the place! :-)

A menu item ("Close all parent items", probably under the 'Tools' menu) would be a real hoot for users like me.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Devoted Zotero User
  • You can use the - key on your keyboard for this (the + key does the opposite, expanding all of them).
  • I have the same question. But how does the "-key" work in this context. For example, I have done a search, every item (100 plus) is open. The search term is in the search box. Simply typing the "-" character just adds it to the search after the author name. How is this command involved?
  • Click in the middle panel, where you want to collapse items, then press the - key.
  • Super, just tried it. Thanks very much.