Moving attachments from one WEBDAV-server to another - how to?

edited September 5, 2018
I want to change the WEBDAV-server for my attachments, which are about 5,5 GB, so upload to another place will take its time. How should I proceed? Just change the address of the WEBDAV-server for syncing in the preferences and wait that the files are transferred to the new place?

If have successfully changed the WEBDAV-server and want to go back to the old one after a while - would I have to upload all the files again or would Zotero include the previously stored attachments and just add the new attachments?
  • I don't believe it reuploads automatically if you only change the URL — just if you switch between Zotero file syncing and WebDAV — but you can do a Reset File Sync History in the Reset tab to force it to reupload files.

Alternatively, if you have server-side access to either WebDAV server, you could use some other tool to do a direct transfer of the folder, which would avoid a potentially slower upload from your own computer.
    would I have to upload all the files again or would Zotero include the previously stored attachments and just add the new attachments?
    No, Zotero won't reupload attachments that already exist on the server. When you reset file sync history, it checks all the files on the server first.