Zotero preferences won't open

I have Zotero Standalone for Windows 5.0.44. When I go Edit > Preferences, nothing seems to happen. The edit menu goes away as expected and the preferences window does not open.

Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit, serivce pack 1.
  • Could it be that it's already open but hidden behind another window, or on another monitor? You can check with Alt+Tab which other windows are open — the Zotero prefs window won't have the Z icon.
  • Thanks, unfortunately, the preferences window also does not appear in the Alt + Tab overlay. When I open the preferences window on my laptop, another window appears on the taskbar (grouped with the main Zotero window) but this does not happen on my work desktop.
  • Does the problem go away if you restart Zotero?
  • edited July 24, 2018
    No, the problem doesn't go away even if I restart the PC.

Is there any other way to view the details of the sync WebDav? I have my files syncing somewhere but I don't remember where and I need to find out so I can set up Zotero on my home PC and laptop.

I've made a request to the IT department to install the latest version but that might take a while and might not even help.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for an attempt to open the prefs after a Zotero restart?
  • Here is my Debug ID: 11880674
  • That's a Report ID, not a Debug ID, but I’d start by reinstalling Zotero — things don’t look right in that report.
  • Reinstallation fixed this. Thanks.