Can't Save to Zotero

Report ID: 1779057410

Hi--I've reviewed the troubleshooting guide. I tried to save an Amazon webpage and it worked correctly. I also tried saving this page: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/027507409702700103. However, alot of PDFs and other pages don't really work. I am using the latest version of Zotero, latest version of Firefox, and I reinstalled my connector this morning just to check. (I've been having trouble for a while, but now it won't save much at all correctly!)

I tried to save this page: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1540-6210.2009.02040.x

I tried with and without a snapshot. It does not show anything...no message about "saving to zotero" etc.
  • When you said you reviewed the troubleshooting guide -- you checked your browser's privacy setting and disabled all other add-ons?

The Sage article does or does not save?

And the report ID was created after what operation exactly?
  • Yes--earlier I disabled all other add-ons and checked browser settings to make sure it allows cookies (it did).

The Sage article does save. The second, Wiley does not.

The Report ID was created after I tried to save the Wiley article. Here's another report ID after I just tried to save it again... 255528409. Nothing happens when trying to save as a snapshot or without snapshot.
  • I can see problems with this, but you're not getting an error message? And you have access to the article, right? I.e. the link you post is to the PDF?
  • I get no error message from Zotero--nothing happens. I do have access to the article--I can download and save the PDF...it just won't save to Zotero.
  • I'm still not sure what you mean here. To be clear, we're asking about the Zotero Connector here, not Zotero. (You've provided Report IDs from Zotero.) What happens when you click the save button in the connector?

And we'll need you to follow all the Troubleshooting Translator Errors steps through to the end. (You haven't, or you'd be providing more information.)
  • It was very unclear about what you all were asking. I'm not tech savvy at all. I followed the troubleshooting translator error steps from above--I'd already done most of them but I had not done a Report ID from the Connector or a Debug ID. I wasn't aware that there was a difference between those and the ones from Zotero.

Here's the ones form the Connector:
    Report ID: 1280922745
    Debug ID: D478650806

When I click the save button in the connector, nothing happens. Nothing happens within Firefox and nothing saves to Zotero. I'm not sure what else you're asking here?
  • Can you restart Firefox and provide another Debug ID that covers 1) loading the page in question and 2) clicking the save button?
  • edited May 22, 2018
    (debug ID from the Firefox connector that is)
  • Thanks! Here's the Debug ID: D1930756691
  • @kmj104: Thanks. The issue with Wiley (and likely some other sites) should be fixed in the latest Zotero Connector beta, and we'll put out a new official version soon.

(Note that starting in Firefox 60 you won't get the full save popup when viewing a PDF directly, but you'll still get some feedback in the icon itself that the save is working. This is a new Firefox limitation, though we may be able to work around it somewhat in a future version.)