Report ID: 1324871353

Hi,
I experienced a problem with a word doc (this is word for mac).Please help!!!
It is not updating citations or add new ones, it freezes and then pops up the following message:
"The zotero field code corresponding to this citation, which tells zotero which item in your library this citation represents, has been corrupted. Would you like yo reselect the item?

Clicking "No" will delete the field codes for citations containing this item, preserving the citation text but potentially deleting it from your bibliography."

Then another message:
"Zotero experienced an error updating your document
this.properties is undefined."
I re-installed it but the problem is still there.
Thank you
Melina
  • How big is your document? Try running through document debugging instructions.
  • Hi it is 45 pages with bibliography. I followed instructions it still does it. Don't know which is the problematic reference. What can I do next?
  • Does it work well in a new document?

If it does, and I'm sorry this is the case, you will have to follow step 8 of the debugging instructions. There is no automatic solution in case of corrupt citations.
  • After spending 4 days trying to recreate this manuscript and having followed all the steps you proposed, I ended up with another corrupt manuscript. Please help.
  • Follow Step 8 of debugging instructions and send the broken citation to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread and we will take a look, but you will still have to manually debug it to fix it. There is no automatic solution.
  • I did follow Step 8 but was not able to identify the citation. There was no indication about which specific citation had the issue
  • The point of Step 8 is that you're dividing a copy of your document in half until you find a single citation that triggers the problem. (If at any point both halves fail, you can pick either one to continue with.)
  • This process did not identify which citation triggers the problem.
    in a new document this is what comes up as a notice, as I am trying to insert bibliography:
    "Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

Attempting to generate bibliography without having updated processor items"
    Do you know what this refers to and how I can fix it?
  • What version of Word are you using? Can you reliably reproduce the above error in a new document and if so, how? Could you submit another Report ID?
  • @Melina%20throuvala You can install the Zotero beta build, which includes a fix for this issue. You can install it over your current Zotero installation, your data will remain intact. We will have the fix out in Zotero proper soon.
  • I ran the beta build. nothing changed. the problem still is there, not updating, getting the same message
    "The zotero field code corresponding to this citation, which tells zotero which item in your library this citation represents, has been corrupted. Would you like yo reselect the item?

Clicking "No" will delete the field codes for citations containing this item, preserving the citation text but potentially deleting it from your bibliography."
    and when clicking 'No'
    then:
    "Zotero experienced an error updating your document
    this.properties is undefined."
    this is really disappointing.
  • it also keeps adding additional numbers " [91]1]" in some of the references.
  • edited March 18, 2018
    Can you provide another Report ID from the beta?
  • This is the new Report ID: 5478311
    Thank you
  • This process did not identify which citation triggers the problem.
    in a new document this is what comes up as a notice, as I am trying to insert bibliography:
    "Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

Attempting to generate bibliography without having updated processor items"
    Do you know what this refers to and how I can fix i
    What are the steps to reproduce this? Can you trigger it consistently?

As for the this.properties is undefined error, if you cannot identify a small snippet in the document that produces the problem then it is hard for us to assist you. You are the only person reporting to have this specific problem and a fix in the beta could have resolved yours too, but alas it did not.

If you manage to produce a few pages worth of text from your document that can trigger the error and email it to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread then we can move forward.
  • In Zotero under Help -> Check for Updates, there has been another fix in the Beta. I am afraid the table part of your document does indeed contain a lot of corrupt citations (and Zotero will now allow you to properly re-select them when you next get the prompt). They look like a result of a tracked changes accepts gone wrong.
  • I also have teh same probem: Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

Attempting to generate bibliography without having updated processor items
  • @innertron does it happen in a new document? What are the steps to reproduce it?
  • hi did you get the solution for your problem:?.. my issue is also similar to yours I guess.
  • hi, any updates regarding Melina throuvala's issue ? i'm currently having the same problem ( Zotero a rencontré une erreur lors de la mise à jour de votre document/ Attempting to generate bibliography without having updated processor items). Some help would be more than welcome !
  • I am having the same problem! any news on this?
  • I have the same problem!
  • This is not a persistent issue, but general troubleshooting steps still apply. Try restarting Zotero, then run through the debugging broken documents steps.
  • Tengo el mismo problema:

Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

Attempting to generate bibliography without having updated processor items.

ID de informe: 1221232371

Tuve que ingresar bibliografía manualmente ya que son libros. Será ese el problema? Porque seguí los pasos que mencionan más arriba: copie el documento, borré la bibliografía y así no tuve problemas.
    gracias!